xLordAnubis

Super Stardust Ultra unveiled for PlayStation 4

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Blog Playstation writes:

Hi PlayStation fans. I’m excited to announce that Super Stardust Ultra is blasting its way onto PlayStation 4!

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Super Stardust series, the critically acclaimed Super Stardust HD by talented developer Housemarque was originally released on PS3 in 2007, followed up on PSP and most recently on PS Vita as Super Stardust Delta in 2012.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/05/super-stardust-ultra-unveiled-playstation-4/?adbid=540898785950306306&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141205_36775187

Tommas and Housemarque thank you! :D

TimHitchings

Re: Super Stardust Ultra unveiled for PlayStation 4

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm

What he said! Thanks. Can't wait.

tommasodb

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah, the post is somewhat imprecise. We are not working on it, D3T is doing this version. I'll have more information to share over the weekend.

The American blog post has a bit more details: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/ ... arly-2015/

Nenous

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Ok House Marque your games are taking enough space on my PS4s hdd. Happily i will purchase.

Taylorhead

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:41 pm

After playing Geometry Wars 3 it made me wish Stardust was on PS4!! Definitely didn't think this was coming. I spent so much time in Endless and Bomber modes on the ps3 version. This version sounds sweet with 2-4 player split screen and a few new modes! With 9 modes it makes me wish there was a global leaderboard that somehow calculated a score across all the modes to show who the top "overall" stardust players are.

Tommaso, do you know anything about the new modes?

JDFive

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm assuming he can't talk about it, or does not know since it's being developed by someone else.

I am super excited HD.

I feel like I'm dreaming, and am so thankful that Sony remembered Stardust. Though I guess it was expected, considering they were confident enough to launch VITA with Delta :D

tommasodb

Super Stardust Ultra unveiled for PlayStation 4

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:11 pm

I'll share precise info with you as soon as I have them. I actually haven't played it yet so I don't want to improvise too much ;)

JDFive

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:24 am

tommasodb wrote:I'll share precise info with you as soon as I have them. I actually haven't played it yet so I don't want to improvise too much ;)

I hope stat tracking is in-depth and available from launch.

Using social features to encourage competitive play would be great.

I'd love to send challenge invitations to friends, or have the PS4 system somehow send me PSN notifications of any highscores beaten by friends. Not sure if that's possible, but it'd be nice to be kept constantly in the loop even when not playing the game.

I'm hoping for some Dead Nation-styled region leaderboards too. Would it be resource-intensive to have high-scores based on states/provinces? I'm here in Canada and would love to know how I rank in the country, as well as my province! I don't any game that does that, but it'd be awesome.

Resogun-style "next high score" options would be great too, whether it's a friend, or next highest on leaderboard.

Hoping Pacifism mode (similar to Geometry Wars) is added as well :P

2015 is going to be a crazy year for PS4.

tommasodb

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:18 am

Leaderboards for provinces seems a bit too detailed. Resogun alone has over 500 leaderboards, one per mode per country. It's a lot of data to handle. Of course it would be cool to have stuff like city vs city, but I think it's something we might look into only for brand new products.

As far as I understand in Ultra you can send challenges to friends, but as I said, it's developed by another dev and I haven't played it yet. We have a built in house, I need to get my hands on it next week...

xLordAnubis

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 am

Tommas, even though a different team is working on this, graphics wise has not seem to be improved from the previous game you guys worked on back in 2007 :/

Return to “Announcements & News”