DenT4FacE

Re: Super Stardust Ultra - release date and details

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:32 am

tommasodb wrote:
Drageard wrote:Then... 3D is enabled for next gen consoles still? :v I'm intrigued... 3D support didn't catch on as hard but with all the theatres still using it probably more and more people wouldn't mind getting 3D TV's once the tech gets cheaper.

PS. Your webpage does weird stuff when viewing the embedded video on full screen there xP

Drageard, can you tell me which browser/OS are you using? As far as I know there are problems only on Vita at the moment. If you want to show a screenshot even better.

About 3D, my PERSONAL (not the company's) opinion is that as a technology it's pretty much dead. In videogames it requires quite a lot of additional resources and the impact on sales is trivial. At the movie theatres there's a growing faction of people that explicitly AVOID 3D movies whenever possible (I'm among them). So I'm not so convinced about 3D staying with us for much longer.

IF they figure out a way to make it work without glasses, then it's another matter.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/157hw5e.jpg

This is what watching on full screen does on my PC using Chrome. Haven't tried other browsers.. The white triangle line doesn't go away..

And agreed 100% with you about 3D. I remember seeing Prometheus in 3D, first and last movie I'll ever watch in 3D. I don't understand what's supposed to be great about it. Maybe I'm not made for it? I mean, it looked horrible, the effect was super lame and I left with a headache.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

SIONTIS

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:17 am

I noticed some minor hick ups when lots of enemies spawn on any planet, have you noticed it too? Also, disconnecting from internet via the ps4 settings seem to have a good effect on those hick ups. What did you notice ? Excuse my perfectionism and high quality demands.

tommasodb

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi Siontis, as the game was not developed by us, I can't address your concerns. About the connection, apparently PSN had troubles again yesterday. Could have been that.

tommasodb

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm

http://oi57.tinypic.com/157hw5e.jpg

Uhm ok, did you resize the page manually before going full screen? If so, the tiles unfortunately can't adapt in real time, you need to refresh. We couldn't find a way to do it.

IF you didn't touch the page at all going full screen, I'll pass this screenshot to the dev team because then we have a bug.

This is what watching on full screen does on my PC using Chrome. Haven't tried other browsers.. The white triangle line doesn't go away..

And agreed 100% with you about 3D. I remember seeing Prometheus in 3D, first and last movie I'll ever watch in 3D. I don't understand what's supposed to be great about it. Maybe I'm not made for it? I mean, it looked horrible, the effect was super lame and I left with a headache.

To be fair there are a few games whose gameplay benefits from 3D, and they are all Nintendo's. Zelda: A Link Between World has several puzzles that are easier to solve if you can perceive depth, and Super Mario 3D Land also has some special rooms you can figure out only with 3D on. But these sporadic cases are more the exception than the rule.

I of course UNDERSTAND that for some people 3D is cool, but with limited amount of time and resources we have preferred to do new content everybody can enjoy instead of a 3D mode.

SIONTIS

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 pm

tommasodb wrote:Hi Siontis, as the game was not developed by us, I can't address your concerns. About the connection, apparently PSN had troubles again yesterday. Could have been that.

I really appreciate your helpful reply.

pocketcommie

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:48 am

One thing that's bugging me big time about SSD Ultra--there's a ton of new modes, pretty much all of them being "1 life and then game over," which is fine, but every time you die, you're kicked back to the start screen, which means about 10 screens before you're actually back playing again. Really needs a "retry" button. That's a whole lot of button pressing when I'm dying in 30 seconds on some of these modes.

tommasodb

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 am

I have to agree on that.

justakuma

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Yeah its a little annoying to go back to the main menu just to restart the level.

JDFive

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:34 am

Will there be updates/patches for this title?

I wish there was a "Delta" mode

tommasodb

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 am

I'm sure there will be.

Return to “Announcements & News”