Drageard

Well... uh... hi?

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 pm

So... as everyone's shy... I think I'll go first...
I'm just an avid gamer, hoping to actually develop games in some future, really interested in the media. But that's just something I'd wish I do.
Got into the forum 'cause well... When I heard about it I got excited for some reason, I mean, I really like Housemarque's way of making games... spent many full nights 'till 4 am playing with friends Super Stardust HD and Dead Nation, got both of them before the Welcome Back program, that and Wipeout I already had, wich I'm a fan of the series too... I'm a fan of many things xD;; I like to try everything.
I'd really, really like this forum to grow a bit x3;; but I guess it'll take time and some promoting over here and there. Don't wanna see this dying out soon xP

Magnum

Re: Well... uh... hi?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Drageard wrote:So... as everyone's shy... I think I'll go first...
I'm just an avid gamer, hoping to actually develop games in some future, really interested in the media. But that's just something I'd wish I do.
Got into the forum 'cause well... When I heard about it I got excited for some reason, I mean, I really like Housemarque's way of making games... spent many full nights 'till 4 am playing with friends Super Stardust HD and Dead Nation, got both of them before the Welcome Back program, that and Wipeout I already had, wich I'm a fan of the series too... I'm a fan of many things xD;; I like to try everything.

Pleasure to meet you! Have any idea what kinds of games you'd wanna make if given the chance?
Have any specific genres you like to play? I'm personally a big fan of 3D platformers (grew up in the PS1/PS2 era).
"Magnum the almost omnivorous, one very hungry sandwich troll."

Drageard

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Also grew up on the PS1/PS2 era mostly xD though I got a Famicom and a NES before that...

Hmmm... that's a tough one... I have a fondness for hard games that make you push your own skills every time, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy easy games or badly done ones, I enjoy a lot games where new concepts are being explored.
I love Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Demon's Souls, on platformers... I loved the Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter series... also Sonic. I also like RPG's like Final Fantasy, Legend of Mana... Really I don't mind playing any genre, I love them all, the only thing that I've felt it's going downhill a bit is sports games, I used to play some that were fun, but now... I dunno...

There's two games that I have a special place. Dragon Valor and Jade Cocoon from the PS1 era, I mean Jade Cocoon was basically Pokémon in 3D, and Pokémon fans have been asking that forever. Yet it's there... more than 10 years ago...

So... I always have trouble choosing favourites... and I wouldn't mind starting by making and RTS, MMO, Simulator, anything else or trying something completely new.

tommasodb

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Welcome Drageard. We have a few ideas in mind to get more people on the forum, they will start unfolding in the coming weeks. It's always hard in the beginning, but we have THREE new games coming, so I'm sure that as soon those are out/announced we'll see a usage spike here... That shouldn't take too long ;)

Magnum

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Drageard wrote:Hmmm... that's a tough one... I have a fondness for hard games that make you push your own skills every time, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy easy games or badly done ones, I enjoy a lot games where new concepts are being explored.
I love Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Demon's Souls, on platformers... I loved the Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter series... also Sonic. I also like RPG's like Final Fantasy, Legend of Mana... Really I don't mind playing any genre, I love them all, the only thing that I've felt it's going downhill a bit is sports games, I used to play some that were fun, but now... I dunno...

There's two games that I have a special place. Dragon Valor and Jade Cocoon from the PS1 era, I mean Jade Cocoon was basically Pokémon in 3D, and Pokémon fans have been asking that forever. Yet it's there... more than 10 years ago...

So... I always have trouble choosing favourites... and I wouldn't mind starting by making and RTS, MMO, Simulator, anything else or trying something completely new.

Very cool!

Yeah, I also have a really broad taste in games. Most of my gaming is done on PS3/Vita, so I spend a lot of time playing the big AAA games, but I also love their selection of PSN games, especially the more experimental titles like Journey, Unfinished Swan, Papo & Yo, etc. Really the only genres I don't enjoy that much are fighting and most sports games (SSX being a huge exception).

Platformer-wise, I'm personally a huge fan of Insomniac. The Spyro and Ratchet & Clank series have always had a really special place in my heart. Also kind of obsessed with Mirror's Edge. Almost to a creepy degree. :D

tommasodb wrote:We have a few ideas in mind to get more people on the forum, they will start unfolding in the coming weeks.

Very curious indeed . . .

Drageard

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:32 pm

True to that, very true xD
I have to say I couldn't resist googling your name tomassodb and I found some pretty nice photography.
Hope I don't look like a stalker now x3;;

Drageard

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 pm

HAH! that's curious because when you said you were a fan of 3D platforming I instantly thought of Spyro, loved those games x3. Ratchet and Clank are incredibly fun games, I think they have really good pacing and the upgrades really suck you in.

OHHHH... I forgot that new SSX... haven't tried it yet... must do~

Right now I'm only playing on my Vita, PC, and a bit of PS2, my girlfriend has my PS3 x3

Magnum

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Drageard wrote:OHHHH... I forgot that new SSX... haven't tried it yet... must do~

I think it got criticized a little too harshly by most players. It's true that the devs added a bunch of unnecessary mechanics that actually takes away from what made the original games fun, but there's so much content in the game, you can actually avoid most of the new features and just play the more traditional tracks if ya want. I personally spent hundreds of hours in that game trying to top my friends' best scores, so I definitely recommend giving it a try if you ever have the chance.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is another one that totally sucked me in. :D

Drageard

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Yep, also heard the people complaining about SSX, but hey, at least the game made it to be released, as I've seen most of the good, crazy ideas aren't "AAA titles" anymore, I'll try to get my hands on it someday.

Heh, Hot Shots Golf, sometimes Japan knows best~ x3 I think I played a Japanese PS2 one, and tried the Demo for that one, just wished I had the money to buy everything I'm interested in xD

tommasodb

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 am

Drageard wrote:True to that, very true xD
I have to say I couldn't resist googling your name tomassodb and I found some pretty nice photography.
Hope I don't look like a stalker now x3;;

It's all right, it's not a mystery ;)

Return to “Meet your sidekicks”