tommasodb

It's-a-me!

Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

With a certain delay I'll post my own introduction.

As you probably already know I work as a Community Manager for Housemarque. I've been working with the company for a couple of years now, but for a certain time I was "external". Now that I'm officialy in it's a bit easier to organize communication, both internal and external. The idea is to grow our community, because we have a bunch of cool stuff coming up and we want to facilitate exchange of information. This forum hopefully is a step in the right direction.

Anyway, what else should I say: I've been into creating content for years and have tons of hobby projects such as: podcasts, a photography site, a culinary blog, a short stories repository, I run a magazine about movies/music/games/books and a bunch of other stuff. Definitely too much for my own good ^__^ My long term project is to narrow down my hobbies :D

Gaming-wise I started at age 4-5 with a Commodore 16, from there my path was obvious.

If I have to mention my all time favorites I'd say Mario 64, Zelda OOT, ICO. More recently I loved The Walking Dead, Journey... the older I get the more I'm into story-driven games to be honest, I know I shouldn't say that ^__^

Talking about gameplay-heavy games, the only one that hooked me in recent times was Ninja Theories' DMC, a game that definitely deserved to sell better. One day I'll be good at Super Street Fighter 4.

:lol:

Cobra_Qc

Re: It's-a-me!

Fri May 10, 2013 5:02 pm

The fact that Housemarque has its own community manager is really cool. Like I said in another post, I wish this forum had been up when SSHD or DN were released. I've been trying to hook up with other Housemarque games freaks and I found a few on Gamefaq but my right to post over there was taken away. And it wasn't because I did anything wrong, I posted the reasons why I prefered the DS3 over the 360 controller and bam, got permabanned for flaming (in a thread that wasn't my own and the topic was about controllers.. true story).

Anyhow, nice to know a bit more about you and I guess I should post an introduction as well..

Drageard

Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 am

Hey there, about time :D
I was wondering, have you played Enslaved: Odyssey to the West?, I think Ninja Theory does dynamic scenarios pretty good, it's quite an interesting game with a mixture of lotsa things from what I've played, as I haven't finished it.
I'm not too keen on the new DMC, but I'll eventually end up playing it xP.

tommasodb

Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 am

Sure, played Enslaved and really liked it. It has some gameplay issues and the story is very convoluted at the end, however I think Ninja Theories' games are crafted with a lot of love and I definitely prefer "interesting" games that try something new (with the story, with the characters, even with gameplay ideas) rather that some boring polished up "more of the same".

I really can't stand "generic-looking FPS with space marines vs space nazis on a derelict planet" any longer. Enslaved has a beautiful setting, it's super colorful, there's a really interesting relationship developing between the 3 characters (even though we had some discussions about it here at the office, there are aspects of Trip that didn't resonate right with our female devs ^__^) and the end is just so weird that it's worth seeing.

DMC imho is outstanding in pretty much every aspect (didn't like Kat though, the female character, they had more interesting options in the drafts you can see in the backstage footage), and if you want your ass kicked you can just play at Son of Sparda.

I believe the negative hype surrounding the game was pretty much unjustified and it basically started because Dante didn't have white hair anymore, like the "old Dante" was the coolest characater ever (he wasn't, he never was, and by the end of DMC it's hard to go back and say "yeah, the old one was better").

Give it a try.

tommasodb

Mon May 13, 2013 9:33 am

Cobra_Qc wrote:The fact that Housemarque has its own community manager is really cool. Like I said in another post, I wish this forum had been up when SSHD or DN were released.

I'm confident that the moment we announce (or better, release) the new titles this place will fill up pretty quickly. Let's see!

Drageard

Tue May 14, 2013 3:49 am

I will give it a try, however I liked more the concept that was had for the character at the very beginning when the first trailer appeared, even though in a way he looked like a self-insert of Tameem (Creative Director)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly3os ... 1_1280.jpg

Then... it all went somewhere strange... with the developers practically flippin' the finger (in a trailer and some interviews) to the old Dante and the fanbase, yet changing him because of the backslash, the new Dante saying "not in a million years" with the white wig. All in all to end it with him having white hair.
I agree with this video for the most part...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuoUfyMUQTc

But maybe it's all a matter of taste on what someone believes what "cool" is, then again I need to play the game to completion to give a proper opinion on it, as I'm really interested in the game's dynamic scenarios, even if the framerate seems to drop down a lot sometimes, and story, where I hear it's fanfic-level sometimes and others that it's really good, I'll gladly praise what I like from it when I get it and finish it.

Hope I don't look like a blind fanboy, as I really like the series (wich is why I got hooked on to Platinum Games too) but at least I'm giving some reasons instead of the plain "His hair is not white" wich really isn't the main problem to me.

tommasodb

Tue May 14, 2013 12:01 pm

If you have the chance play it on PC, it really looks like a different game. I was really perplexed by the framerate of the console versions, but on PC it's just beautiful (and it "feels" different).

Drageard

Wed May 15, 2013 6:06 am

tommasodb wrote:If you have the chance play it on PC, it really looks like a different game. I was really perplexed by the framerate of the console versions, but on PC it's just beautiful (and it "feels" different).

Many thanks for the tip!
That got me wondering... I guess Housemarque's games run at a framerate 40-60, 'cause they look real slick. :D

tommasodb

Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

We proud ourselves of using really cool technology, yes ;)

Cobra_Qc

Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 pm

No kidding! Unless I'm mistaken, SSHD is the first PS3 game running native 1080p.

This is a relatively old interview with IIari Kuittinen .. An excellent read.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/04/ ... -expanded/

Return to “Meet your sidekicks”