pekuja

A wild pekuja approaches

Fri May 10, 2013 10:43 am

Hey, I'm pekuja. I work at Housemarque as a gameplay programmer. I'm a recent hire, and I've only been working here since December.

In my spare time I like doing game jams, like Ludum Dare and Global Game Jam. I also run a website called Screenshot Saturday that gathers screenshots of in-development games from game developers on Twitter.

And of course I like playing games, too. I started video gaming on a 286 PC back in 1990. Actually didn't own any consoles until I was an adult. My first console was a Game Boy Advance SP I bought with my own money in 2004. Some of my all-time favorites include Mega Man 2, Super Meat Boy and Portal, just to name a few. I'm all about challenge and trying to gain mastery of a game's mechanics. Trying to go for that high score, or just stretching the limits of how I can play a game. Not to say I'm super hardcore, but I can get a bit obsessed sometimes. Some of my crowning achievements would be 100% completion of Super Meat Boy, on both PC and Xbox 360 versions, and playing all the way through Battletoads (on an emulator, but I tried not to cheat too much...).

Fallenafar

Re: A wild pekuja approaches

Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Haha Welcome to the forums Pekuja! Nice to see some more Staff on the forums engaging with the community!

Noticed you have a love for SuperMeatBoy, have you seen Indie Game the Movie? Very Interesting Movie/Documentary, shows you some of the stuff that Edmund and Tommy went through before release. If you like SuperMeatBoy you may like Braid too, very different!

Another good documentary if you have seen Indie Game the movie or if you haven't and you like it is "The Start up Kids" its more of a web entrepreneurial documentary looking at start ups really interesting :)

Anyways enough of my English chit chat! Welcome!

pekuja

Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey Fallenafar! :)

I have indeed seen Indie Game the Movie, and I loved it. :) Also watched it again with the Team Meat commentary audio track. I think I heard the upcoming special edition will have audio commentary from the other teams presented as well, but I'm not sure about that.

I did play Braid. It's a pretty cool game, though the story was a bit text-heavy. Also in IGTM, I thoroughly enjoyed FEZ. That was a real mind bender. :)

I haven't seen The Startup Kids, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip! :)

Cobra_Qc

Fri May 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Hello! Nice to see some of the crew posting and congrats! :D

I wish Super MeatBoy came to PS3.. this and Ikaruga are probably the only two 360 games I truly care for. Oh well..

tommasodb

Mon May 13, 2013 9:39 am

You can always get Ikaruga on a Dreamcast, or Gamecube :D

Probably cheap enough right now.

Return to “Meet your sidekicks”