chrisboers

Greetings from The Netherlands!

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi everyone! I stumbled onto this forum thanks to a tweet by Housemarque, and thought it would be nice to introduce myself.
Otherwise, I would probably still be a stranger to you all, and at least now you can say "Hey, I know that guy, he was on the Housemarque forum!".

Oh well, enough random bathering. I am Chris Boers, a 43 year old gamer. Yes, I was around when the world didn't have any video games. I grew up with the arrival of Pong, played ALL the coin-ops now available on Mame, and spent many a coin on actual, wooden pinball machines. I have even OWNED one, until I became a father, and it really took too much space. (sad day..)

As a home gamer, I originate from the MSX (2), and later went to PC gaming. I missed most of the consoles, until I bought a PS3. Quickly, that was accompanied by a PSP, which until now, I still find the finest technical wonder. So much technology in such a small device... Of course I also bought the PSP 2.0 (eg, the Vita). Super Stardust HD was the very, VERY first game I bought on the PS3, and currently I own it on PS3, PSP and Vita, and I love every version of it.

I'm very much an indie fan, and my Vita is filled to the brim with indie games. Jacob Jones, Limbo, Thomas was Alone and Sound Shapes are only a few of my favorite Vita games. And Super Stardust of course!

So, there you have it, my gaming life in a nutshell! If you have any questions, you know where to find me!

tommasodb

Re: Greetings from The Netherlands!

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Chris and welcome. I'm impressed by your skill as a poet ;) I think you're raising the stakes of our competition...

Well done, hopefully we'll get some solid contender :D

chrisboers

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Thank you for the kind words... It was really something I just mustered up as I went along :-) I started in a totally different direction, but like the final result.. Never was much of a poet before, there may be a future for me yet! :-)

Drageard

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey there!
Nice to find an indie game enthusiast ;D it seems lately that they're the games that have the most fun, probably because they're better thought and innovatiive instead of just same mechanic/different setting

Return to “Meet your sidekicks”