promo1

Difference between rewarding and frustrating

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 am

Hi guys,

i want to know that what is the difference between frustrating and rewarding in game ? please tell me

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Difference between rewarding and frustrating

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:14 pm

promo1 wrote:Hi guys,

i want to know that what is the difference between frustrating and rewarding in game ? please tell me

Hi! I'm not fully sure what you mean? As in do you mean rewarding / penalizing players in games in general or just in our games? Or do you find our games too unrewarding or..?

I'm happy to answer to you as well as I can, but I just need to understand the question first :-)
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

DenT4FacE

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Cheap deaths, bad camera for example, are frustrating.

That rewarding feel is found when you're facing something challenging but fair if you keep making progress and getting better. Frustration might creep in once you've mastered the game and attempt to push it further and further, almost beyond perfection in ways that are testing your patience. Like when you're chasing a speedrunning or a high score world record.

If this answer is too obvious, you might want to get more specific about your question.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 am

DenT4FacE wrote:Frustration might creep in once you've mastered the game and attempt to push it further and further, almost beyond perfection in ways that are testing your patience.

Sounds a lot like me :1grin: I often get super frustrated with games since I want to play better myself.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

DenT4FacE

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Haha yeah I'm sure you know that feeling :)

The fewer mistakes you're allowed to make, the more frustrating it can get. Although, this is a two way street. The more frustrating it is, the more rewarding it'll be when you succeed. This is the drive right there. Whether I'm competing against set patterns, AI enemies or fellow humans.. for me gaming is mostly about improving my play and becoming better at the games I love. Not necessarily to be better than others, I'm mostly playing against myself. Setting reasonable but challenging goals for myself. And I don't like when the terms are being thrown around but this is what separates the hardcore from the casuals. In my book at least :p Either you care to push yourself and find your limits, or you just want to play videogames on cruise.

With that said, it's also nice to play casually and just have a good time with videogames. It doesn't have to be frustrating or rewarding everytime I play videogames haha. I'm typically in that relaxed state everytime I'm learning a new game or when I play an RPG.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

justakuma

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:38 pm

I´m just playing games to frustrate my (offline/online) friends haha

jagman

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 pm

I find that Dead Nation apocalypse rewarding and frustrating .Arcade is too short at 6 levels and unending is frustrating if it is a stupid death at level 10 or up .Make arcade longer ,30 levels .It would be more rewarding .Many other games update with patches .I find that Alien Nation is just bland ! Does not have the atmosphere of Dead Nation or the surprise factor .Nor the general mood either !

Did you know that the Alien film,1979, was not completely original ? The 1958 film "IT THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE ".This was most original .I believe that Alien was almost sued for copyright .

Lots of good game concept material in that film.Needing to suit up and walk outside of a spaceship .Monsters ,or Zombies relentlessly breaking through the doors .The suspense of going through the hatch of a spaceship into a dark corridor .The suspense of exploring the ad joining rooms to find ???? .The challenge of navigating a zero gravity dynamic when going from one hatch to another outside of the ship.With depleting air levels ?

pagepro

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 am

Rewarding means increase your skill and potential in game and frustrating means you are fail in some levels of game repeatedly.

Return to “Housemarque General”