Kati
Developer
Developer

A letter from our CEO Ilari to all of you!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Cool as ice :1cool:

Kati
Developer
Developer

Re: A letter from our CEO Ilari to all of you!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 pm

MMIB99

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:23 pm

It's unfortunate that Nex Machina sales weren't on par with the critical acclaim. Good luck with your new projects, maybe we get to play a kickass Housemarque action FPS sometime!
Hello

Almo

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:02 pm

I will miss the shooters, as I loved SSD, DN and NM a lot. But I will look forward to whatever project you guys work on.

AMA-01X Jamru Fin

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 pm

In my case, while I liked games like Resogun and Dead Nation for PS Vita, I have no interest in buying them for consoles. My PS4 is essentially a "Destiny-only" console since it's the game I play 90% of the time on it. My PS4 backlog has continued to grow over the years, and at the same time I've bought less PS4 games over time.

On the other hand, I'm a lot more flexible on my PS Vita purchases since there aren't many games in the pipeline these days, but still love my handheld. If Alienation or the Resogun DLC had been released for PS Vita, I would have surely bought them, since I that's the kind of game I like to play while I'm away from home and have to kill a few minutes.

I do can say that if the aforementioned Resogun DLC, Alienation, Nex Machina and/or Matterfall are ever ported to PS Vita, I would gladly buy them for full price.

CaptSensible

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:24 am

I was really sad after reading this letter! I grew up playing games in arcades and still love to play "arcade" type games and hate to see them no longer being made.

I'm sure you all have considered this but a "re-skinned" Alienation would make a tremendous licensed game (Warhammer 40K, Gi Joe, Killzone, a reboot of Loaded/ReLoaded - from PSOne days). Best wishes for your studio and your new direction!

Gitaroo

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 am

Ehhh please patch Matterfall with custom control support like most of your games before you stop making twin stick shooter. Ps4 OS cutom buttons isnt going to cut it, at least show some support the fans that bought your last arcade game.

Kati
Developer
Developer

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 am

MMIB99 wrote:It's unfortunate that Nex Machina sales weren't on par with the critical acclaim. Good luck with your new projects, maybe we get to play a kickass Housemarque action FPS sometime!

Thank you so much!
Almo wrote:I will miss the shooters, as I loved SSD, DN and NM a lot. But I will look forward to whatever project you guys work on.

Makes us all teary, thank you for the love!
CaptSensible wrote:I was really sad after reading this letter! I grew up playing games in arcades and still love to play "arcade" type games and hate to see them no longer being made.

I'm sure you all have considered this but a "re-skinned" Alienation would make a tremendous licensed game (Warhammer 40K, Gi Joe, Killzone, a reboot of Loaded/ReLoaded - from PSOne days). Best wishes for your studio and your new direction!

Arcade games are pretty groovy! Now it's time for us to do something jazzy ;-) Thank you!

TEABAGNEMESIS

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:01 am

Fair enough. Video games are a hard market to survive in. That you're still here at all is a testament to the quality of your games. I've always resonated with the Housemarque style of arcade twin sticks, and am sad that you will no longer be going down that path.

Thank you for the stellar games you have developed so far - I look forward to seeing what else the team is capable of!

Kati
Developer
Developer

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:17 pm

TEABAGNEMESIS wrote:Fair enough. Video games are a hard market to survive in. That you're still here at all is a testament to the quality of your games. I've always resonated with the Housemarque style of arcade twin sticks, and am sad that you will no longer be going down that path.

Thank you for the stellar games you have developed so far - I look forward to seeing what else the team is capable of!

Life = games here at HMQ and we won't stop until our heads drop ;) Thanks!

Return to “Housemarque General”