vvnurmi

Housemarque to eSports?

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:06 pm

As advertised at least on Twitter, Housemarque is looking for an eSports researcher: https://atalent.fi/en/avoimet-tyopaikat ... esearcher/

This of course implies that Housemarque is at least thinking about making a game aimed for serious competitions.

I'm interested to know if you're already planning to enter eSports with one of your current or announced titles, or is this just planning ahead in general?

I think Housemarque is the perfect developer for eSports games; fast action, tight gameplay, great overall polish. On the other hand I've understood that eSports games need constant tuning and support and in general they are games that the developer will live with for many many years (at least if the game is successful). That's quite different from Housemarque's previous titles which have been somewhat fire-and-forget except for a couple of after-release updates.

When will we know more?

tommasodb

Re: Housemarque to eSports?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:20 pm

You'll know more this year I think.
What I can say is that we're trying to figure out how to bring competition in our games to the next level. This does not mean we're planning to do a MOBA, so I wouldn't worry too much.
I think we're looking at eSports more like Street Fighter is looking at eSports.

vvnurmi

Re: Housemarque to eSports?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:43 pm

This is definitely going to be interesting! I'll stay on the lookout.

Return to “Housemarque General”