- What is your first thought when you hear the name "Housemarque"? What do you associate it with? A specific game? A feeling?
I personally associate with Super Stardust HD, that's how I got to know this wonderful studio, actually through it's music on a playlist, so I looked more into it and I HAD to buy it; oh and of course, DUAL STICKS. ALL THE WAY.http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf
(That's the playlist, hope I don't break any rules by posting it, tho I did read them. Btw, the playlist is highly addictive, I warn ye.)
- What do you expect to find in a Housemarque game?
That old-yet-nevergetsold-new arcadey feel on your games, where the game might look simple, because you only do "one thing" (like destroying asteroids, killing zombies, etc) but it's actually pretty deep with various mechanic twists, so it's actually getting better skills at each playthrough rather than a game that tries to do lots of things but lazily where you learn next to nothing.
- Why do you play our games? Is it because of reviews? Because a friend told you? Because you liked our previous games?
DUAL STICKS; nah, just kidding, I love the deep gameplay, arcade-hard, actually wonderful looking for a small size games :3, these and the Wipeout HD games are the ones that surprise me more with the graphics the can display for the game size.
So yeah, your stuff is a lot of fun. For me and my girl :3.
- When you hear "Housemarque is working on a new project", what's your first reaction and why?
Seriously, I trust you do not dissapoint anyone, probably because you already know how to do your stuff, and you do it very well.
- If you had to imagine another fan of our games, how would you describe her/him? In your mind, what would drive this person towards our products?
Possibly an old school gamer, and would buy because of that game feel where you have to get better at the game on your own by actually playing and thinking strategies.
- How do you perceive Housemarque as a studio – our platforms of choice, our publishing deals, our presence on media? And as place to work?
Well... It fits me because I'm all in for all consoles, but it just happens that I'm sticking with PlayStation x3, though it would be awesome if you got into a broader audience, I bet you'd make a lot of sales through Steam, but I'm not so sure about your ability to do so because of publishing deals.
As of Media Presence, I think you're just fine, a bit like the underdog, wich your games shine the most and not the company, wich isn't a bad thing!, But I'd love watching Housemarque as a studio get more recognition.