tommasodb

Re: What is Housemarque to you?

Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Taylor, I'm at Nordic Game so I'll be quick: we are thinking about having more replay value in our games, so stay tuned

SIONTIS

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:26 pm

For me housemarque is next gen gaming. Ps4 shines ONLY through resogun! After two decades of gaming , housemarque is by far my favourite game developer . Keep up the good work and i will always connect housemarque to perfection !

tommasodb

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 am

Hi SIONTIS, thanks for the kind words!

SIONTIS

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:14 pm

tommasodb wrote:Hi SIONTIS, thanks for the kind words!

Kind words was not my intention , i just honesty answered to you question.

nunobaker

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I just sort of came to the realization that Housemarque makes many of my favorite games from the last 7 or so years. Super Stardust HD was my first PS3 game and I loved every second. Just finished Plat on dead nation ps4. Outland was one of my favorite games that year and kind of flew under the radar for most. it was a welcome departure from twin stick shooters and showed HMQ could make other genres. resogun was probably my favorite game on ps4 during the launch months and im now trying to plat the psvits version too.

Housemarque represents quality, fun, pick up and play but with great depth, and supreme polish. thats one of the big reasons i love your games. they just play so smooth and so well and show how much are was put into every aspect but especially the controls and balance.

I keep coming back to these games because they are so enjoyable and easy to get into, especially when i'm a little older now and have many more daily obligations and less time to play.

Please keep it up and taking pride in the games you all make. it is appreciated. i created an account just to write some feedback today. i usually dont do this. but i am one of thousands (millions?) who love your work (and other devs) but rarely take the time to spreak out on forums etc. Thank you to the whole company.

tommasodb

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks for this, I'll link it to the team!

LeChuck

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:46 pm

-What is your first thought when you hear the name "Housemarque"? What do you associate it with? A specific game? A feeling?

Technical excellence, well balanced, polished and deep gameplay. Stardust as a series is the thing I most associate with Housemarque.

have to admit I have a soft spot for Alien Incident though. Such an underrated gem of an P&C adventure game.

- What do you expect to find in a Housemarque game?

Great mechanics, deep gameplay with endless replay value. The amount of time I have put into SSD HD, Dead Nation and Resogun is just ridiculous.

- Why do you play our games? Is it because of reviews? Because a friend told you? Because you liked our previous games?

I have played your games since the Amiga days, Stardust and Elfmania were great fun for the time and you seem to improve with each new product. As a fellow Finn always felt like I wanted to support Housemarque but it helps that the games are genuinely great.

- When you hear "Housemarque is working on a new project", what's your first reaction and why?

Can't wait to get my hands on the project. Can't remember ever being let down by a Housemarque game.. very few developers are so consistent and quality focused.

tommasodb

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Hey LeChuck, thanks for answering and welcome!

Stinja

Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:34 pm

- What is your first thought when you hear the name "Housemarque"? What do you associate it with? A specific game? A feeling?
"home brand"? "house car"? Ahh the nordic video game company that did SSDHD.

- What do you expect to find in a Housemarque game?
Neo-retro arcade style games, with tight mechanics and polish.

- Why do you play our games? Is it because of reviews? Because a friend told you? Because you liked our previous games?
Because i've enjoyed your previous game.

- When you hear "Housemarque is working on a new project", what's your first reaction and why?
Sweet! is my first reaction, as the quality of games is generally very high, and of a type that i enjoy.

- If you had to imagine another fan of our games, how would you describe her/him? In your mind, what would drive this person towards our products?
Someone that values gameplay over vapid iterative yearly sequels, and can get enjoyment from something a little niche and indie.

- How do you perceive Housemarque as a studio – our platforms of choice, our publishing deals, our presence on media? And as place to work?
Never really thought about it. You could be like EA and chain contract employees to their desks, until they're unproductive, and then discard them in the midge-ridden Finnish swamps for carnivorous reindeer to eat... or have a relaxed 35 hour European week, with happiness placed before deadlines.
It's much like chinese sweat shops: i kinda know there's a lot of shady companies, and it's hard to discover if that pair of shoes is from a "nice" company, or a not so nice one.

I do associate you with Sony/Playstation, and generally release little pre-hype info, until suddenly there's a new product.

tommasodb

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Lol, we do not dump employees in the Finnish swamps, that I can grant :D As for the work week, it's not 35h (I think only france has that) but it's not far from that either.

Return to “Housemarque General”