THE-LORD-HERESY

Housemarque on PROJECT JARVIS

Sun May 29, 2016 5:06 pm

I probably should have posted this in the Project Jarvis forum but thought it would get more views here. Eurogamer did a solid interview that can be found here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... its-future

To Housemarque, don't ever pop up in the Bay Area without sending me notification (I'm 30 mins north of SF) :-)

Also, you guys are onto something here. Personally speaking, I grew up in arcades and I'm a single player guy (check my trophy list) and I know from reading a lot of articles that there are A LOT of people out there like me.

Keep the innovation coming.

tommasodb

Re: Housemarque on PROJECT JARVIS

Mon May 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Glad you liked the interview.
Yeah, we're trying to figure out how we could make "arcade competition" in our games take a step forward. As usual we're limited by people and budget but if all goes well we'll be able to introduce all the puzzle pieces bit by bit :)

craiglongstaff

Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 pm

Just as long as you are sticking to your heritage, Housemarque has built its reputation on top down twin sticks, twin stick shooters, leaderboards and replay value in my opinion and i see no reason to change. I realize you wont say yet but i have faith.
It's no fun if it's too easy.
Top Down Twin Sticks (PS4 Community)

tommasodb

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 am

craiglongstaff wrote:Just as long as you are sticking to your heritage, Housemarque has built its reputation on top down twin sticks, twin stick shooters, leaderboards and replay value in my opinion and i see no reason to change. I realize you wont say yet but i have faith.

I'm sure the Jarvis Project won't disappoint you, but to be fair we did also a bunch of sport games in the past!

craiglongstaff

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah, but the ones that sunk their hooks into me are the later ones. To me , if someone says housemarque, that's what i think of. Opinions may vary, but that one is mine.
It's no fun if it's too easy.
Top Down Twin Sticks (PS4 Community)

supajoofly

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:13 am

"If we make ten cabinets we should be able to sell them," says Haveri, at which point I start to get a little light-headed. "The cost of making cabinets is kind of expensive - it's $5-10,000 for one cabinet, retail, sold to anybody."

;)

Return to “Housemarque General”