VandalHeart

New to the game

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:49 am

Hi all

I just picked up this game as it was on sale and I'm loving it so far.
Who doesn't love gun, grenades and killing masses of evil aliens :P

I am a bit lost though. Is there a bunch of general information available that can help me?
A few questions I have:

1. What's the difference between the damage number and the gear number.
2. What's the league screen for at the end of each event? It says something like progress to the next level and compete against other players but I don't know how to do that.
3. What's the ARC for? I joined some random players and eventually they took me to some ARC ship thing which just seemed like room after room of enemies. No items were dropping though. No weapons. No cores. Is it just a high score thing for people who like leaderboards? (The team died at some point and we went back to the main menu).
4. Is it me or is armour lacking? I can adjust lots of stats on the guns... but armour is just...boring... Is there something I need to do to unlock better armour?
5. Any good spots for farming cores and weapons?
6. Anything I should focus on doing? My main character is Level 30 and I've started a second character.
7. And lastly, if anyone wants to play, let me know :P

And a big thanks to the majority of the randoms I join who don't kick me from the team. THANKS!!! :)

Aigwrai

Re: New to the game

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:53 am

Hi, I can answer all your questions, but in a PS4 party only, because there's a LOT to explain with this questions... Haha.
Add me if u want and we discuss later, with me answering ur questions one by one. BTW, u can get the same info I'll tell you by others topics around this forum... Guys talked about everything here! See ya!
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

VandalHeart

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 am

Hi Aigwrai. I added you last night :P
And managed to answer the first question myself. While loading into a game last night I saw a tool tip on the screen that said the Gear Number determined the strength of my abilities and melee attack. So, I get that bit now.

Now I'm wondering though what the Ark Ship is for more and more. I have a heap of keys for them but I don't know how to access them. When I'm in a group with randoms I sometimes see the Ark Ship on the mission screen. But it's not there when I'm solo. I'll have to try and find a walkthrough somewhere :)

Aigwrai

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:58 am

Haha! You probably must noticed some hidden trophies... Just keep playing and u will get those answers! I'll be around in 6 hours from now, if you get online, send me a message and I'll get into the game to explain... See you there!
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

VandalHeart

Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 am

Thanks for your help! I managed to finish the Ark Ship with the random players last night. 5 chests with loot galore was nice. Sadly none of the Legendary Weapons I picked up were on any use to me, but it was fun to play.

Aigwrai

Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Good loots awaits you in some ark, I'm pretty sure you will find something useful soon ! =D
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

irvines23

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:41 am

1. What's the difference between the damage number and the gear number.

Gear power bonus gives extra damages on your abilities and melee attack.

2. What's the league screen for at the end of each event? It says something like progress to the next level and compete against other players but I don't know how to do that.

League is actually your overall score every week within your league which when you increase in league rank you get extra multiplier (e.g +1 +2 and so on) and 1 ammo colour.

3. What's the ARC for? I joined some random players and eventually they took me to some ARC ship thing which just seemed like room after room of enemies. No items were dropping though. No weapons. No cores. Is it just a high score thing for people who like leaderboards? (The team died at some point and we went back to the main menu).

Ark ship is a good place for loot which on legendary difficulty have a chance of 809% legendary and low chance of lower quality loot.

4. Is it me or is armour lacking? I can adjust lots of stats on the guns... but armour is just...boring... Is there something I need to do to unlock better armour?

If you noticed the game has stop develop which the armor we get is only of common type and so far there won't be any update.

Once you reached world level 2, try to join other player to play in Alaska which iirc is The Harder They Fall map on Legendary (it gives a lot of exp) . It is a very quickrun which takes 3 to 5 minutes where you pretty much destroy all the beacon (max of 3 beacon) for extra reward upon finishes. Weapon I highly suggest Ark Ship

6. Anything I should focus on doing? My main character is Level 30 and I've started a second character.

Focus on your main char as after level 30, your exp will contribute towards Hero level which increase your overall HP. Therefore, you survives better in Ark Ship.

Hope this answer your question. I am very new to this game as well. Been 2 weeks purchase and play frequently after works.

TEABAGNEMESIS

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:10 am

Ufo's are good sources of weapon cores too :)

VandalHeart

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 am

irvines23 wrote:1. What's the difference between the damage number and the gear number.

Gear power bonus gives extra damages on your abilities and melee attack.
Yeah, after making this post I played the game some more and came across a tooltip while loading in that said this. Now I get why the boomerang from my Devastator does so much more damage than the beam haha

League is actually your overall score every week within your league which when you increase in league rank you get extra multiplier (e.g +1 +2 and so on) and 1 ammo colour.
When it said compete, I thought it meant in a PvP match, now I know it's just a high score thing, cheers

Ark ship is a good place for loot which on legendary difficulty have a chance of 809% legendary and low chance of lower quality loot.
Legendary difficulty? I don't recall being able to select a difficulty for the Ark Ship. I have since completed it a few times by joining random teams and collecting all that wonderful loot from the 5 chests at the end. But I haven't seen a difficulty select. Do I need to beat it on the standard difficulty as host to unlock Legendary mode?

If you noticed the game has stop develop which the armor we get is only of common type and so far there won't be any update.
That's a shame. The fun that could have been...

Once you reached world level 2, try to join other player to play in Alaska which iirc is The Harder They Fall map on Legendary (it gives a lot of exp) . It is a very quickrun which takes 3 to 5 minutes where you pretty much destroy all the beacon (max of 3 beacon) for extra reward upon finishes. Weapon I highly suggest Ark Ship
Yeah, I quickly figured this one out. Almost every random group I join ends up on this mission over and over. I was even hosting last night and had people constantly joining. Good loot. Ark Ships might not drop as much loot but they are more fun than running one short mission over and over.

Focus on your main char as after level 30, your exp will contribute towards Hero level which increase your overall HP. Therefore, you survives better in Ark Ship.
Got to 30/300 last night. I'm going to farm a little tonight on that character, then swap to another and start leveling up.

Hope this answer your question. I am very new to this game as well. Been 2 weeks purchase and play frequently after works.

VandalHeart

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:24 am

TEABAGNEMESIS wrote:Ufo's are good sources of weapon cores too :)

Yeah. And they are easy to run solo too. Almost out of UFO keys though. (I have heaps of Ark Ship keys)

Return to “Alienation”