VandalHeart

Re: New to the game

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 am

LOL, those daily missions - do you mean the ones where you are meant to kill a certain enemy a certain way? - I don't bother with those. Too specific for a bullet mad game like this. I lack the patience for that sadly. And well... just from playing I have around 15000-20000 of each metal anyway. And I have enough cores to fill my favourite weapons.

Wow, that's a lot of gear power. How do you get that much? I've tried tinkering around with cores but have nothing close to that.

TEABAGNEMESIS

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 am

VandalHeart wrote:Wow, that's a lot of gear power. How do you get that much? I've tried tinkering around with cores but have nothing close to that.

Reroll your weapon slots so they are all coloured. If you have linked colours, you'll get good gear power scores. Swap some cores out for prismatic cores to really send the gear power really high.

Clanger2208

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Yes the daily missions can be a chore but if you choose the right map for each enemy e.g. soldiers Alaska, volatiles Ukraine, enforcers Nebraska etc. They can be done very quickly on rookie level and the cores you get are level 3 not the level 2 cores you get from normal gameplay which makes a big difference. The legendary metal comes in handy for rerolling your weapon cores for a higher gearpower score and the prismatic cores are the hardest to get as they drop much less often. I think my characters were about the170 billion xp mark before i had enough level 6 prismatics for all my weapons.

VandalHeart

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:48 am

I spent AGES last night trying to roll my Vortex Grenade to have all 5 coloured slots. Preferably blue so it would have a large area of effect, but it seems that the most it can roll is 3 of the same colour linked. All good though, it's more for holding the minions than to deal damage.

And I managed to score a 12 slot primary and heavy with nice perks last night. I spend a while tinkering with them and both have between 1.3 and 1.4 million gear score!!!

Still waiting on that elusive 12 slot Devastator to drop...

Square

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

VandalHeart wrote:And I managed to score a 12 slot primary and heavy with nice perks last night. I spend a while tinkering with them and both have between 1.3 and 1.4 million gear score!!!

1,4M is a bad score. With 12-slot weapons you should aim in GPB around or over 2 millions.

Clanger2208

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I assume your cores are not all level 6 yet with that gearpower score, keep farming the coloured cores till you get them all to level 6, this shouldn't take too long and can be achieved by just playing the game, the prismatics take much longer to get hence the recommendation to do the daily missions for them, you will need lots of legendary metal for rerolling weapon slots, you should aim for a minimum of 6 joined slots this should get your gearpower around the 2 million mark with all level 6 cores.

Clanger2208

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:57 pm

You can have more than 3 linked slots with the vortex, I had 4 linked blue and 1 yellow but the gearpower score was quite low so I stick with 3 linked blue and 2 linked yellow which gives me 810000 gearpower, 2 linked blue 2 linked yellow and 1 red gives me 837000 gearpower but has a smaller area of effect, i suppose it's all down to personal choice.

irvines23

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:27 am

VandalHeart, I think I met you in Ark Ship last night. I joined in quite late, it was already like 34 min. I can't remember my IGN cause my brother created the char before I start playing when it was level 12. Maybe zahaer90 I think.

Return to “Alienation”