ConradBHart

I should've paid for this game

Fri May 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Another one of the PS+ newbies, and one that kicks himself a little for not jumping on Alienation at release (bought the season pass, hope that helps a little).
Quality should be rewarded, and Alienation is a quality game. Of course you lot already knew that ;-)

For once I don't feel cheated by the RNG, there's a good amount of drops, even on rookie, and the difficulty scales perfectly. I love the "oh shit" moments, when you're facing a mission goal defended by 30 enemies, incl a sentinel, and the screens flashes: "horde incoming". Swiom or sink, good stuff

Question time:
1) Joining randoms is ok?
I've played solo so far (bio), but do see people in sqauds from all over the world. Is it considered rude to join randoms? Not invasion, but finishing the mission with them
I don't have a mic, but I will play for the team, ie. revive and think before I pop my abilities.

2) Good loadouts?
After the first 25 levels, I plan on going with Xeno rifle (small clip, great range), Devastator and Flamethrower (superb for bugs and hordes).
Any combos I'm missing, or enemies that might prove difficult after level 30 with my setup?

3) Hero levels?
I know that once I hit level 30, I'll start getting hero levels, but what's the purpose of those?
Do they grant extra bonuses, better wepaons, ramp up enemy levels, something else?

4) Is boosting or glitching an issue?
I'm in the silver league with around 45mill xp. I've played mainly Rookie, so it seems about right, but in my leaguye there's a guy, that went from 100mill xp yesterday to around 950mill today :1shocked: He can do what he wants with his game, but imagine getting a promotion will be difficult on gold level with just a few of these people around

Square

Re: I should've paid for this game

Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

1) You can join. There is a private game option If someone would like to play solo.
2) Will be enough, but you should aim in legendary version with perk on shot.
3) With every Hero lvl you earn more health.
4) Average score at the highest difficulty is around 0,6-1,2 billion per mission.

TEABAGNEMESIS

Fri May 12, 2017 4:12 pm

1) of course! Join in, enjoy the frantic fun. In game chat isn't enabled anyway, the quick chat menu let's you get your point across most of the time. You might get kicked from the occasional squad if they're waiting for someone, but 99% of the time you'll just slot in and destroy some aliens.

2) whatever works for you. Don't be afraid to experiment when a higher level gun drops though. Pay particular attention to guns with a blue bonus (on shot). Lightning and boomerang are very good bonuses. You need to have cores in to get the bonus though. You will notice on the weapon screen when the bonus is highlighted. Try to match core colours where possible to squeeze extra damage out. Importantly, place white cores in and see how that affects them. The damage is obvious, and the gear power affects your overall gear power and the weapon bonus. The higher a weapons gear power, the more powerful the bonus is. Overall gear power makes your abilities stronger. Once you reach level 30, you can really start tweaking your weapons by rerolling the stats. You can do this at any stage, but I would recommend waiting for level 30 weapons with at least 7-8 slots as you don't want to use too many materials.

3) higher levels past level 30 give you higher health.

4) legendary ark missions and general missions on high difficulty give heaps of xp. Rushing through a mission on legendary or master can easily give you a couple of hundred million in a fee minutes, while a decent ark run can net over a billion xp.

ConradBHart

Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Thanks lads, really appreciate the prompt replies :-)

I did figure out the upgrade/core mechanic. Quite easy concept to grasp even for a newb, and well implemented
Enemies started dropping grenades. I thought it was part of a ramped up difficulty, but as it turned out, I had Action: Melee at enemy, Effect: Grenade on my devastator.

Good to know about the XP. I take it the leader either played with some high levels, or he is a high level racing through some endgame missions.

I saw the post about no further updates.
Shame, I would love even more story missions (oaid DLC works for me), or maybe a mission/level editor.

Return to “Alienation”