Sagrawa

Re: Legend Ark Ship World Record (Solo/Tank) Video!!

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Yeah, didn't think you were being totally serious when posting that, judging from other posts I've seen from you. I just elaborated a bit because one man's joke can be take taken seriously by another (Donald Trump;)

Is funny for me too when he throws in the endless mode to spice it up when only 30 (or so) players in the world have beaten the ark ship on legend solo and all of them still die half the times too. Though in defense: we talked about it before on this forum that an endless mode would make for a lot better challenge than just see who can run the fastest through an easy map.

SteveSharpe

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 pm

I agree that an endless mode will be good to have eventually. But I don't think Housemarque should be criticized for not having it in yet. There aren't very many people who are this good where the Ark Ship is already boring.

tUKEGib

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:11 am

I'd be interested to learn what the gear score is and weapon configurations are.

I just broke the 6 million barrier finally, but want to push it further.

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:28 am

Looks like the admin fixed my post to show my video thanks! :1grin:

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:43 am

SteveSharpe wrote:Ha ha. I actually loved his video. Shows me gameplay that I didn't know was possible.

No problem happy to share.

I have top scores in many games and its a known fact that most of the time other top players "fear" posting there Top runs on YouTube due to the fact that they are afraid someone will learn from it and eventually beat them. because they are scared to lose there number 1 spot.

Well not me I love competition. its what gets me better and better. So I hope other players learn from my runs that I am posting an better them selves at the game,
As far as I know, I am the only Top player in AN to actually post my number 1 score run. an I am telling you right now all the other players from the other classes most likely wont post there runs due to the fear of someone learning and studying there video an eventually learning the class and beating them. Not me! BRING IT! :1grin:

Spieleabend

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:08 am

Then how about showing your equipment first :P

The Problem with Alienation compared to Dead Nation is... you very much rely on RNG. If you do not have the luck of owning 12 Slot Weapons with good Skills and good Sockets you do not need to try to make a Ark Ship Top Score. That is the reason i currently do not even bother about the Score.

Alienation can't be really competetive as long as all people have the possibility to get the same gear. if 2 Players with even skills compete, the one with the higher drop luck wins... that's how it looks like at the moment.

I played this Game since Release, i have 2 max level chars (Bio and Tank) both with 2 digits billions overall xp and i still have found only three 12-slot weapons, and 2 of them are crap.

Sagrawa

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Spieleabend wrote:
Spoiler:
Then how about showing your equipment first :P

The Problem with Alienation compared to Dead Nation is... you very much rely on RNG. If you do not have the luck of owning 12 Slot Weapons with good Skills and good Sockets you do not need to try to make a Ark Ship Top Score. That is the reason i currently do not even bother about the Score.

Alienation can't be really competetive as long as all people have the possibility to get the same gear. if 2 Players with even skills compete, the one with the higher drop luck wins... that's how it looks like at the moment.

I played this Game since Release, i have 2 max level chars (Bio and Tank) both with 2 digits billions overall xp and i still have found only three 12-slot weapons, and 2 of them are crap.

You can actually see almost everything he uses. You can easily see the perks, total gear power, abilities and (if you want to spend the time to calculate it) you can even see what his exact stats are on all weapons (apart from gp on each weapon).

And yeah, you're right that you will get an easier run when you have insane weapons. But, judging from what I see people doing with their weapons, it does take skill and wits to make those weapons work properly...I've played a lot with people who had better base weapons than me and are on the same level of playing or better, and I still got more kills and xp, and higher accuracy, just due to a better balancing of the weapons I got to work with.

And I doubt you are really unlucky with your 12 slots....not at all lucky though either;) After maybe 4 days of playing time on my first char, I had five 12 slot weapons. Now I have 8 after 12 days of playing.

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:45 am

Spieleabend wrote:Then how about showing your equipment first :P

Sorry to break it too you, but my Gear and weapon effects are not that great.. in fact I am 100% positive I have the lowest Gear Power of all the other number 1 players in their respective solo classes.

I only have 5.8 billion gear power bonus. my primary has only 10 slots but since it has the best effect power up (shoot at enemy boomerang) it is still very good.
My secondary is my only 12 slot weapon (melee at enemy effect boomerang) which is alright but i would rather have shoot at enemy : effect lighting or boomerang. if I did I would be so OP.
My heavy weapon I only have 11 slots and it has the same effect as my shotgun. if it was lighting or boomerang shoot at enemy I would be untouchable.
I also rarely melee at enemy's, only when I rush them so really both those effects for my secondary and heavy are pretty useless really.

I am still trying to get 12 slots and shoot at boomerang or lighting effect in all my Primary, secondary and heavy slots. but I haven't had any luck with this crap RNG.
But I am warning you and everybody else when I do, I will pretty much be unstoppable in the ark and the solo leaderboards ;)

My point being really, is you do not need top notch gear to have a good run. it helps but is not needed. Speed running Ark actually takes skill regardless of gear. i proved that because when i got number 1 tank post patch I had 5.1 billion gear power with only a 8 core primary shoot at enemy boomerang. i recently just got the 10 slot. but still in need of the 12 slot boomerang

Sagrawa

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:42 am

Second that. Didn't want to say it before; but yeah, his weapons are crap.
And even though I only tried legend solo maybe 5 times and bailed when my second wind was gone, I very much doubt I would beat his score with my 7.2M gp.

Spieleabend

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:23 am

You Guys are really lucky... i hope you know that!

I have a little bit above 4 million Gear Power on both my Bio and my Tank. And I play since Day 1!!! And you can doubt it or not Sagrawa but i only did find three 12 Slots so far: 1 Flamer (crap), 1 Rocket Launcher (is on my Tank but i use 11 Slot Minigun because it has boomerang) and a 12 Slot Xeno Rifle, it is on my Bio, it has a bad Perk but it is the only one of the 3 I actually use.

All other legendaries i got are mostly 8 or 9 Slots. Same goes for the Perk Shot/Boomerang. I have only 2 Weapons with this Perk in use. A 11 Slot Minigun on my Tank as mentioned above and a 9 Slot Powershot on my Bio.

PS:
And I did not say that his performance in his Video isn't great, it is indead. I only wanted to Point out that there would be more People trying to top Score in the Ark if they actually have the Gear for it. You do not need to take part in a formula 1 Race with just an ordinary car , u understand ?
Every little extra DPS counts on legendary Ark. It's the fine line between getting an enemy down, before he can shot or shot again, or not. And you can't run through Ark Ship level 5 like he does, with just 4 million gear Power. That's simply not possible

Return to “Alienation”