EspanaJeff

Re: The final boss is some serious BS

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 am

Just to show it's possible, I beat Supreme AI on Veteran with no powerups:

https://youtu.be/VsL_Q3BdZxM

I still need to work on avoiding him when he charges at me with that star laser surrounding him. Other than that, I'll work on a no death run as well. Died twice in that video.

SuziQ

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 am

whirly wrote:it was clear from the start that this game will not be "casual", it is supposed to be tough. git gud or move on.
housemarque was even so nice to provide the ultimate help: you can just watch the replays of any player in the ranking. so if you want, you can just see how it's done and practise.

Why is there a rookie mode then if this game is exclusively intended for the most hardcore audience only. Why is most of Experienced and Arena mode perfectly playable by a more casual audience, why do i have 70% of the trophies. Spoiler: this game isn't for the hard core only, there's clearly meant to be some accessible content for the average player.

xV_Stee7ers_Vx wrote:Yes this! you hit it right on the head. if you are a causal gamer, then why the hell would you even think about getting nex its a scoring game not a causal game get over it or get good.

If its too hard go play a game that will hold you're hand.

Maybe try and understand what people are saying instead of blindly lashing out at anyone suggesting the balancing isn't on point with elitist nonsense like that, thank you. Why do you even care if people want Experienced to be easier, you certainly aren't playing that mode for long.

Vagrant Pistol

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:05 am

Don't think the final boss is too bad. I got up to him without any continues and died when I did. I started over with my P-Shooter and a singe Dash. After a few continues I was still able to beat him on 'Experience'. You just have to get your eye coordination on point. This game is definitely not for everyone that thinks it's just another shooter. It's all about scoring first, with the intent of finishing the game with a big multiplayer and high score. I get people's frustrations with the boss, but maybe you just need a lot more practice. The game just came out ;-)
"A Video Game Junkie At His Finest"
Legendary Status
SHMUPS 4Ever
[1000+ games with 29 Consoles and counting]
Gamer Tag on Xbox and PSN: Vagrant Pistol

NealosONE

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Maybe continuing without losing power ups would solve this. Score chasers would just not continue

Vagrant Pistol

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 pm

EspanaJeff wrote:Just to show it's possible, I beat Supreme AI on Veteran with no powerups:

I still need to work on avoiding him when he charges at me with that star laser surrounding him. Other than that, I'll work on a no death run as well. Died twice in that video.

Nice man. I thought she would be harder on 'Veteran', but it doesn't look like much of a difference from 'Experienced'. Thought Veteran had the second form of Nex Machina?
"A Video Game Junkie At His Finest"
Legendary Status
SHMUPS 4Ever
[1000+ games with 29 Consoles and counting]
Gamer Tag on Xbox and PSN: Vagrant Pistol

EspanaJeff

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Vagrant Pistol wrote:
EspanaJeff wrote:Just to show it's possible, I beat Supreme AI on Veteran with no powerups:

Nice man. I thought she would be harder on 'Veteran', but it doesn't look like much of a difference from 'Experienced'. Thought Veteran had the second form of Nex Machina?

Yea, no difference between Experienced and Veteran as far as I can see.

I did this during Single World, hence no Nex Machina fight. Only available during Arcade...which is crazy since there's a feat to beat her 100 times!

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:43 am

SuziQ wrote:Maybe try and understand what people are saying instead of blindly lashing out at anyone suggesting the balancing isn't on point with elitist nonsense like that, thank you. Why do you even care if people want Experienced to be easier, you certainly aren't playing that mode for long.

Actually maybe you should try and understand what somebody that had a hand in the game is saying. let me point out some key points

Yepe wrote:Nex Machina is designed in a very old school mindset, it's not supposed to be easy or casual - instead it's designed from start to finish to be a tight, hectic and fast. it's the kind of game that many of us here grew up with - brought to the modern age.

And for what it's worth, I think Matterfall might be more up your alley. :-)

Point is there not going to nerf anything, doesent need it. its old school. you really think games back then got Nerfed cause pepole thought it was too hard? the answer will be no, people back then had to play and play and get better or moved on with there lives

Gitaroo

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:04 pm

No need to nerf anything, just added the full campaign to rookie mode, score chasers keep chasing their scores
and move on with their life, same msg you keep telling the others. The developers clearly intend to have something for everyone including casual players by including a rookie mode to begin with, but only gave them half the game. As I said earlier, there are players that have zero interest in score and leaderboard; I don't care if Im at the bottom of the leaderboard, I just want to play through and enjoy the entire campaign.

Reading the other topic with the beta comparison, housemarque clearly know visibility is and issue, many effect were reduced in the final version due to visibility and performance. Except I find this is still an issue with the final game along with those camera zoom bs, there should give an option for fixed camera. The msg is intended for Housemarque to prioritized gameplay over presentation with their last two games pushing those vfx further and further.

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Gitaroo wrote:No need to nerf anything, just added the full campaign to rookie mode, score chasers keep chasing their scores
and move on with their life, same msg you keep telling the others. The developers clearly intend to have something for everyone including casual players by including a rookie mode to begin with, but only gave them half the game. As I said earlier, there are players that have zero interest in score and leaderboard; I don't care if Im at the bottom of the leaderboard, I just want to play through and enjoy the entire campaign

I can see why casual players might get mad they can never reach the 6th lvl on EXP or VET. i have mixed feelings about it, if HMQ does end up adding the full campaign too rookie ( personally think they should not) and if it will make people happy and stop complaining about it being too hard too do it on EXP or VET then maybe they should do it but then in turn it makes it doing it on EXP or VET less of a accomplishment to players that put in the time already and got too the true last boss

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm

We are aware that some players are having issues with the general difficulty of the game. Currently there is no plan for balance changes, but we are open for possible tweaks in the future. The game is designed to be challenging however but not unbeatable. For example due to time constraints we had to cut tips from the final game. I'm not saying that we'll add those later, but this hopefully proves that the difficulty is something that has been on our radar for some time.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

Return to “Nex Machina”