Victor

Experienced too difficult, please hear me out...

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 am

Apologies beforehand. First time post. Thank you.

I realize a lot of players don't like posts about this issue, I respect that. I just think the default(normal) difficulty is a bit too much. Mainly due to the amount of bullets and stuff going on the screen. I can clear Rookie in arcade on 1 credit and it's a blast. Perfectly balanced in my opinion.

But the spike from going to Experienced is just insane. And the fact that the last level of the game and the secret boss is locked behind this level, forcing you to play it.

When you really think about it the game is designed to clear arcade on 1 credit. Because if you run out of lives at a boss and lost all your power ups when continuing there really is no point in going on. You will never defeat the boss.

This is a great game. I just wish some tweaking could be done to the difficulty levels. Just my two cents.

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Re: Experienced too difficult, please hear me out...

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 am

No difficulty needs some "tweaking" its fine the way it is, its a scoring game it requires hours of patience and dedication. if you thinks its to hard get good or move on there are plenty of games that hold gamers hands

Gitaroo

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:34 am

Agree with OP, also feel the same, nothing really need to change for experience (normal) mode beside removing the retarded camera zoom with some of the boss battle, that was legit cheap death bs. Weapon range is still an issue if you don't have the powerup during boss fight. They just need to add the rest of the campaign to rookie mode even the secret end boss. I really hope future housemarque games will prioritized game play over presentation, alienation was bad enough with all the vfx on screen, this game takes it to a whole new level and the color pallete does not help neither. Looking back games like Ikaruga, and cave shooters, some of those games have even more bullets on screen than this game but those developer made sure the player character/ship is visible at all time and clearly see the bullet pattern on the screen.

I don't hate the game btw, in fact I like it a lot, just wish it could be better...no reason for anyone to defend the game, score chasing will always be there and is still there. But why not apply the same balance from rookie mode to the rest of the game and let more people enjoy the entire campaign.

SuziQ

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:14 am

I agree with the visibility concerns, the red lines pointing to a human getting captured are super distracting as well sometimes.

Experienced starts out fun and challenging but gets a bit too much in later levels imo. And that last boss... yeah. I guess the boss itself isn't even the problem, but using a continue and facing him without upgrades is a *huge* difficulty spike.

Victor

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:38 am

xV_Stee7ers_Vx wrote:No difficulty needs some "tweaking" its fine the way it is, its a scoring game it requires hours of patience and dedication. if you thinks its to hard get good or move on there are plenty of games that hold gamers hands

Seriously dude?

My post had no anger, hate, cussing toward the game etc. Was just looking for some thoughtful responses.

But of course, just like clockwork I get the classic elitist, git gud, I suck reply.

Eshaal

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Agree with OP.

BUT am I the only one who cannot play Space station level in Rookie mode? For some reason I cannot play it in rookie mode. Only experienced.

The last boss is just insane (looks more like a Master level than Experience level). It wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't lose your firepower when you die.

I have tried about 30 times to complete the game in experience run. Same pattern, I build up fire power, and towards then end I only have to die twice before my firepower useless and I am then condemned to start again. Too much of this and I will be put off.

My movement etc is the same as the vids on Youtube. But the only difference is the firepower. Once it's gone - you may as well restart.

1CC Experience (Gold trophy) is like 1CC Veteran.

The game is great, but it's not as fluid or free as Resogun/SSD.

Victor

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Played quite a bit this morning and unfortunately got very frustrated and had to force myself to put the game down.

I hate the thought of moving on after just 3 days post launch but I'm starting to think this game is out of my league on anything but Rookie.

I played the hell out of Alienation and got really good at it. I just can't believe how much I'm struggling with this game.

I still have Matterfall preordered and I'm hoping that game is more up my alley.

Eshaal

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Just tried again, Experience level is just too hard. Get to the last level/boss and it's over. The jump from Rookie to Experience is more like a jump from Rookie to somewhere between Veteran and Master. Once you lose your weapons, it's over.

I am totally struggling with this game too. I have plats for Superstar Dust, Resogun, Geometry Wars 3 etc. . . but the difficulty curve on Nex Machina is more exponential than gradual.

This game is now more getting more and more frustrating than fun now. Most of the feats are beyond achievable at this rate.

Side note : Could've done with a Boss mode.

Eshaal

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:45 pm

xV_Stee7ers_Vx wrote:No difficulty needs some "tweaking" its fine the way it is, its a scoring game it requires hours of patience and dedication. if you thinks its to hard get good or move on there are plenty of games that hold gamers hands

What's with the attitude? It's not that this game is hard, it's just the difficulty curve is steep. A game can be hard and fun, but this is hard and frustrating, which is frustrating within itself given previous HM releases.

Maybe you can show us how it's done on hero mode. Looking forward to the video.

Victor

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Hey Eshaal. Looks like you and I are in the same boat. Good to know I'm not alone.

You are spot on correct. There is no point in using a continue. Once you lose your power ups, it's over. Specifically the Triple Dash and Weapon Range.

I have been gaming since the NES and at the very least I consider myself a slightly above average gamer.

This game is just quite simply beating me into the pavement. I fully admit it.

I wear glasses, so as would expect my vision is not the greatest. So I need to sit very close to the TV while leaning forward in the chair.

Like you I have tried 40 plus times to clear Experienced Arcade but I'm at the breaking point.

Again, I loved Alienation. Playing on a Master with a max level Character was fun and challenging but also fair.

Matterfall is less than 2 months away. Trying to stay positive.

Best of luck Eshaal.

Return to “Nex Machina”