Victor

Re: Experienced too difficult, please hear me out...

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Good post Ian. I agree with you.

Only 25 people who can clear Master? And only 2 who can clear Hero? That is just nuts, but yet very much believeable as well.

If you watch most of the streamers on YouTube they are all playing on Experienced, so even they realize how ridiculously hard this game is. Most of the big scores you see are on Experienced, for good reason.

There is a fine line between fun and frustrating. A VERY fine line. Make a game too easy and people get bored, make it too hard and you have..well....Nex Machina in it's current form.

Housemarque clearly succedded with their vision of the game, but they have cut off a large portion of the player base in the process. Just my opinion of course.

xV_Stee7ers_Vx

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Victor wrote:Only 25 people who can clear Master? And only 2 who can clear Hero? That is just nuts, but yet very much believeable as well.

If you watch most of the streamers on YouTube they are all playing on Experienced, so even they realize how ridiculously hard this game is. Most of the big scores you see are on Experienced, for good reason.

There is a fine line between fun and frustrating. A VERY fine line. Make a game too easy and people get bored, make it too hard and you have..well....Nex Machina in it's current form.

Housemarque clearly succedded with their vision of the game, but they have cut off a large portion of the player base in the process. Just my opinion of course.

All I am going to say (cause I am already annoyed with the Nex forums) is the game is not even been out a WEEK. give it time, keep playing it. if you are still struggling on EXP or VET in a couple of weeks or months then maybe something needs to change.
I also want to point out that many of the top players already had 50 to 100 + hours put in the beta before the full game released. so they have a leg up on everyone all they had to do was learn the last three lvls. i got late access to the beta and managed too put in 10 hours and learn the first 3 lvls so i have a leg up on a few trophy hunters that i know that are struggling with the game. point is just give it time! i know i can be a very harsh critic but i mean good by it, just trying to motivate players into not giving up on a game that just released :1cool:

Victor

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Hey Stee7ers.

I hear ya and respect your opinion. Just trying to have a polite and civil debate.

Obviously Housemarque is gathering data, fixing bugs etc for subsequent patches in the future.

I just hope they at least take a look at player data after a few weeks and get an idea how people are doing with the game. Difficulty, challenges, etc.

DenT4FacE

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:13 pm

HMQ is currently figuring out a way to make the game enjoyable for you guys.

I understand your gripes.. but I gotta admit that I wouldn't want them to make it too easy to beat either. But the current continue system is a bit harsh, especially on Experienced, not for me but like I said, I understand. There's also some issues with some rooms spawn killing us, this is known and will more than likely be fixed. But I gotta say, I'm working hard for them to keep Veteran and up pretty much as challenging as it currently is, in turn, I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from :)

To be clear, I'm not HMQ and I'm not that influential. Just thought I'd let you know that they (and some of the top players) are hearing you out.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Victor

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Thank you very much for the info. Greatly appreciate it.

MIRCO_MIRCO_DN

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:35 pm

On this time HMQ Team launched a game really diabolic, because the difficulty increases exponentially.
I am a fan of Dead Nation and every time HMQ release a new game I hope it will be a sequel of DN: I know this will keep to be a dream. It does not matter.
The idea of the Hero leaderboard is pretty interesting and have respect for it and the game.
I agree with the man (Steve) advising not to surrender and continue playing. And be patient. Do not hurry up: maybe play when you feel zen.
Finally the players entering the Hero leaderborad will be the arcade best players of all the time and you will count them by using the fingers of your hand (s). :-)

MMIB99

Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't know if I would want Experienced to become easier. As I anticipated, I am among the people having trouble with the arcade, unable to beat Helltron thus far. The continue system is indeed practically useless, but aside from that, I can continually see improvement in my skills. If the difficulty would remain high, it would be very satisfying to eventually complete arcade and keep climbing on the leaderboards. I also used to be unable to beat Resoguns first level on easy, eventually I got the platinum.
Hello

Victor

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Yeah. That is probably my biggest gripe. The continue system.

Experienced gives you 99 continues but it doesn't matter the number.

You could give me 1,000 continues and all it would do would delay the inevitable. They are pointless.

Once you continue you become a pile of goo, a human punching bag. The enemies will gang up on you and kill you over and over.

Gitaroo

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:07 pm

MIRCO_MIRCO_DN wrote:On this time HMQ Team launched a game really diabolic, because the difficulty increases exponentially.
I am a fan of Dead Nation and every time HMQ release a new game I hope it will be a sequel of DN: I know this will keep to be a dream. It does not matter.
The idea of the Hero leaderboard is pretty interesting and have respect for it and the game.
I agree with the man (Steve) advising not to surrender and continue playing. And be patient. Do not hurry up: maybe play when you feel zen.
Finally the players entering the Hero leaderborad will be the arcade best players of all the time and you will count them by using the fingers of your hand (s). :-)

Dead Nation is also one of my favorite game ever, wish they had made a sequal to that. It was the last Housemarque game that felt fair with the least design issues and actually gave players option like multiplier or gold loot box unlike alienation random loot and require you to grind for hours and huge difficulty pike between modes.

Victor wrote:Yeah. That is probably my biggest gripe. The continue system.

Experienced gives you 99 continues but it doesn't matter the number.

You could give me 1,000 continues and all it would do would delay the inevitable. They are pointless.

Once you continue you become a pile of goo, a human punching bag. The enemies will gang up on you and kill you over and over.

Yeah, very much this on top of cheap death.

DenT4FacE

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Continues aren't pointless.. first time I beat Veteran I used continues on Supreme AI. But they are indeed a bit harsh and could be nerfed a bit, especially on Experienced. Like I said, HMQ is currently working and inquiring for a solution about that. I've suggested a few things, others have as well.. it will change, that's pretty much guaranteed. On my end, I'm being insistant that Veteran continues should remain quite harsh.

That said, there is no talk about making the game itself easier other than fixing the rooms that can kill you on respawn (example of that is rooms with rotating laser beams). The game will / should remain the same otherwise.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Return to “Nex Machina”