Eshaal

Re: Experienced too difficult, please hear me out...

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 am

Good morning folk!

I managed to 1CC Experience on Saturday, and am now playing Veteran (Can get to World 5 on 1 Credit no problem).

I figured out why I was struggling, it wasn’t the difficulty– it was trying to process all the information on the screen too quickly without understanding what was really going on!

First the visuals, sometimes there is simply too much going and changing the bullet colour has helped me immensely. Also at times I would get stuck in what is not an obvious gap due to the amount of action on the screen. Second was the sound, despite a few bugs, headphones made a huge difference in distinguishing effects which added another level of awareness during my game play.

Difficulty wise. I practiced Experience, and really it was always down to the bosses. Getting to the boss was no issue, but my aim was to beat each of the bosses using just the pea shooter, no secondary weapon, basic dash, and after 35 credits, I did it. (Most spent on AI boss).

Saying this, losing your power ups etc at the latter stages of the game remains brutal. I have been playing World 6 on Veteran, and each level with a pea shooter is a challenge beyond belief.

By the way, I think it is level 6-9 where you respawn bang in the center of a laser - killing you instantly.

Looking forward to 1CC in Veteran! :)

SuziQ

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Congratulations. :) Which bullet color do you use?

Also, a balance patch is out now, what do you guys think?

SuziQ

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 pm

I thought at least beating Experienced would be easy now with the new continue system. Not quite, you are still screwed after using 2-3 continues on a boss, which is fine. Supreme AI got quite a bit easier I think, beat him on my first try after a few continues with pea shooter. Too bad, I kinda wanted to soldier through original Experienced haha, but I got what I asked for so no complaints. Thanks Housemarque.

Eshaal

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Suzi Q.

I changed the bullet colour to Green and it made a difference.

I also noticed that by switching off the music I was able to concentrate more and able to distinguish certain sounds. (Helped with bosses).

All in all it is a beautiful game, but frankly speaking there is too much going on.

I have been playing Veteran mode. Can get to level 5, but then on it's all about saving a credit, cos once you lose all your lives, it becomes a struggle.

This is what I think it the main issue for me. I play well to get far, then the sudden drop from joyousness to sadness onto frustration is what kills the experience for me. I just lose the desire to start again. So for me, when the fun stops, I stop. This is how I feel with NM at the moment.

Eshaal

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:30 pm

In terms of the patch. I do not understand why if you die in Rookie and Experience, all power ups drop minus 1. Why not have something similar in Veteran? In Hero, I don't think you lost any power ups, but Veteran you do. God knows about master. So better than before but still not balanced IMO. Still prefer additonal lives per difficulty and default weapon startup.

The last boss fight is much easier for sure, but still pointless at times. For example, on 6-15 the secondary weapon is in NE direction. Player is in South. By the time I reach the secondary weapon, it's gone (moving clock wise)

Nex Machina is a dope game. When you are in the zone it's fantastic. However it does lack a sense of progression for me when compared with SSD and RG. When I died at the later levels in SSD/RG, I didn't mind ploughing in more hours cos I felt I was ever so close. With NM, once my credit goes, I couldn't be any farther.

BerialCity

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 pm

The best tip I can give for difficulty is to watch some of the replays for single worlds. I learned a TON from watching other users get high scores. Triple Dash and Smart Bomb are your best friends.

Pile_O_Gunz

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Personally I don't like smartbomb, my favourite is the rocket launcher.

My advise is to decide on your priorities. Don't try going for score when you haven't even got a win yet.
Those humans put you in a lot more danger than you think.

Also don't waste your time fighting bosses with a pea-shooter after a ton of continues don't do it to yourself just take the loss and go again.

Return to “Nex Machina”