ZMayaZ

Just started playing. Sadly, some humans didnt make it.

Sat May 30, 2015 6:06 pm

So I've just started playing Resogun 30 minutes ago. And sadly, some humans didn't make it.

I have a couple of noob questions.

1) there's a throw the humans button. Where do I throw them? (I tried throwing them close to the other humans, and they were less than impressed)
2) when is it best to use the bomb, boost and overdrive?
3) except for collecting the green dots, weaponing up, and picking up the humans when they fall, is there anything else I need to collect?
4) any strategy I should try?

Edit: I found the green arrows which teleport the humans! :-)

NealosONE

Re: Just started playing. Sadly, some humans didnt make it.

Sat May 30, 2015 7:50 pm

I'll be streaming in a couple hours. Add me on PSN... NealosONE

Best way to figure out strategy is ti spend a few minutes watching good players stream

So if you catch any of these people streaming Resogun...

Dent4Face
Supajoofly
XDBizzleX
Xenjutsu
Formshift88
SoldierEdjuar

ignore them all. Instead look for mu stream

DenT4FacE

Sat May 30, 2015 8:08 pm

When you go in OverDrive, if you hold the R1 button you'll see a white circle appear around your ship. It will start closing on your ship, if you release R1 once the white circle "hits" your ship it will make an explosion that will destroy everything around you. Also you're invincible when OverDrive is active.

Make use of the boost. USE IT. I'm yelling because I've seen too many rookies play this game and not boost for a whole hour. Even after I've explained that boosting is a weapon. The more enemies you boost through, the longer your boost will last and the bigger the EMP explosion will be at the end of your boost. Personally, boosting is primarily an evasive tool but I use it to kill a few enemies as I evade a hairy situation.

If you tap boost and throw a human, you can send him into a portal from pretty far. The higher you are, the further they'll go and the better chances they'll have to make it in the portal. You'll need to experiment with that but the approximate max distance you can throw a human is the edge of your screen. In other words, if you see the portal near the edge of your screen, you have the option to throw the human into it. Very useful to keep the multiplier alive.

About the multiplier.. to keep it alive is almost a science. Takes a lot of experience to never lose it.. Some care about it, others don't. I mean, not everyone cares about getting high scores. But if you do care, it's tough to explain the secret of that one. Try to pay attention to the enemy wave that spawned, as soon as a new wave of enemy spawned you should focus on that one. Probably doesn't make much sense but I'm not sure how to explain it in comment form. It will take several hours of practice regardless.

For now, this is all I have.. if you have more specific questions, shoot away.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

GRASSYLK

Sat May 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Multiplier multiplier multiplaye!!!!! I'm practicing and practicing and practicing and practicing.

grassylk

DenT4FacE

Sat May 30, 2015 10:29 pm

haha, yeah.. it's a bitch. Practicing is one thing but it's also important to pay attention to enemies spawns. You gotta take it like it's a test for your memory. Once you know exactly which enemies are gonna spawn next, that's when you stand a chance at keeping your multiplier alive the whole way through.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

GRASSYLK

Sat May 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Yeah I think I know exactly what enemy is going to SpAwn for for me I have more of a problem in making sure I'm at the same position on the world for the best and quickest response. Oh and the occasional fireball from out of nowhere doesn't help. Also I do mostly because of I'm trying to get it done too quick I guess sloppy

grassylk

ZMayaZ

Sun May 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks for all the good advice :-) Had lots of fun playing with the Darth Vader ship.

tommasodb

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am

Maya, you might want to take a look at this guide we made. It covers all the basics and more: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d00g8iz6rvk5o ... 0.pdf?dl=0

ZMayaZ

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Aye aye, Captain!

Return to “Rookies”