xLordAnubis

RESOGUN INTRODUCING RESOGUN’S ALL-NEW DLC: HEROES

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:17 pm

IGN writes:

I say all the time that Resogun – the brilliant arcade shooter from Finnish developer Housemarque – remains PlayStation 4’s single best game. Some folks may not agree, but I’m hard-pressed to think of a game on the PS4 that shares its addictive, skill-based qualities and fine-tuned gameplay. Either way, as a PlayStation 4-exclusive launch game, Resogun is in need of a fresh coat of paint, and with the upcoming Heroes DLC, it’s about to get just that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/introducing-resogunas-all-new-dlc-heroes

Finally, about time haha :)

TimHitchings

Re: RESOGUN INTRODUCING RESOGUN’S ALL-NEW DLC: HEROES

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Great to see the news. Unfortunate that IGN is the source. Not a fan.

tommasodb

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Damn guys you're fast (and I'm still in holiday on a terrible internet connection). More details revealed later today if all goes according to plan.

I'm very very excited you're gonna play this, the new stuff is SO good.

tommasodb

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Ok, the beans have been spilled. I hope you like what's been announced. Demolition mode is THE SHIT. Personally I like it almost more than the main game ^__^

Now we can talk about most of the stuff (but yeah I'm still not supposed to work until thursday).

Taylorhead

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Can you give us some tidbits on what's new? I can see we can make our own ship now!!

TimHitchings

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm

I will be buying the all access season pass. As a Plus member I got the game for free so it's time to give back. Let's hope all the Plus membership feels the same way. I want to keep funding your future. Thanks and I can't wait for the 24th!

tommasodb

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:55 pm

The season pass will include the soundtrack, only that it's worth the price. I mean $7.99 for two DLC + soundtrack + some extra that I don't think have been announced yet seems an insultingly low price imho, considering how much work went into it... I might be biased, yes :P

tommasodb

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Taylorhead wrote:Can you give us some tidbits on what's new? I can see we can make our own ship now!!

I think we'll try to release in-depth videos on the new modes soon. Right now I'm not sure what I'm allowed to discuss, so you'll have to get opinions from the guys at E3. I think the expansion is playable on the showfloor.

In short: Heroes include two new modes (Survival, which is an evolution of Endless from SSHD, and Demolition - "Arkanoid meets Resogun"). The patch, which is free, updates the game with a ship editor (and in the tests we made some really crazy ones... Resobun was a real ship, actually), local coop (same screen, no split) and a ton of balancing fixes. We also revamped some UI stuff to make things clearer. One of my new favorite features is that you can display another score over your own: you can pick between your next friend in the leaderboard, your previous high score, or the next guy in the global leaderboard. I was really insisting on this with the guys, as back in the days a similar mechanic got me really hooked to Geometry Wars 2...

Return to “Announcements & News”