tommasodb

Re: RESOGUN INTRODUCING RESOGUN’S ALL-NEW DLC: HEROES

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:10 am

ericjohn004 wrote:I wanted an extra mini game, I got it.

I can assure you that the two new modes are way more than a minigame.

The only other 2 things I'm not sure that it'll have that I wanted was a new ship, with different bullet and missile patterns. I guess we kinda got a new ship with the ship editor.

The new ship editor allows you to distribute stats as you please. Also, we balanced the previous weapons, for example Nemesis shoots less missiles but they are more effective, and some changes have been done to the projectiles of Phobos. I just hit the office after coming back from holidays, I need to check what I'm allowed to tell pre-release. I'll go in more details if I can.

And I wanted a change to the scoring system so that you can also score really high with the Nemesis ship. You could achieve this is you would count boosting through enemys the same as overdriving through them.

The idea now is that all 3 ships are good candidates for score, in different ways. We'll see if that works as planned.

Xenjutsu

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:17 pm

All 3 ships have always been good candidates for scores. The only reason I don't have 15B+ hero, is because I don't want to set myself too far ahead of Nemesis #2, and purposely suicided when I hit 9B. If I wanted, I'd be world #2 behind world #1 Phobos.

The only thing that truly needs to change for Nemesis is to deactivate the upgradeable weapons (i.e. Nemesis homing shots) from contacting humans. That is the only thing keeping me from 20B. It's an uncontrollable factor when human juggling and can (and always does) ruin great runs if herding humans close to the edge since the human AI is to run toward the beacon or nearest edge when dropped close enough. I can't leave humans on the edge on Febris nor on the platform under the beacon on Mefitis with all 10 at once, because it's nearly impossible to prevent a random homing shot from going nuts and shooting a human off the edge 1/4 of the way across the map as it follows one of the faster enemies, while Nemesis overdrive is so short that manipulating that for 'all 10 humans at once' human value cannot work on Febris or Mefitis, since the bosses on those two levels come to attack too quickly, while I can do all 10 humans at once on Acis, Ceres, and Decima all day and night.

Deactivating the little Phobos shots from contacting humans might be wise too for highest level Phobos as well. Ferox is irrelevant in this regard.

tommasodb

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:34 am

Here a small peek from the showfloor at Demolition mode:

Xenjutsu

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:49 am

It looks so smooth...

TAKE MY MONEY

DenT4FacE

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Something that was talked about a while ago.. What are the team's thoughts concerning the co-op mode?

As I've said in the past, right now co-op is more of a competitive mode than anything else. The scoring should be somehow shared to truly feel like co-op, in my honest opinion. I understand the issue is with the multiplier, there has to be a way for players to lose it but how about multiplier reset when one player dies (and of course if both players fail to shoot something quickly)? Perhaps shorten the time required to shoot stuff considerably... Anything to make the co-op feel like you're a team shooting for high score.

Because again, the way it's currently set up, the only way to score high is to ask your teammate to put the controller down while you take care of business on your own.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Xenjutsu

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:04 pm

As world #1 co-op, I fully agree with the above post. Shared multiplier would make it great and give a reason to have a teammate coordinating strategy. Maybe double the spawn rate and subtract a degree of time from the multiplier reset clock. Co-op has what feels like serious bugs as well, most especially being able to lose the multiplier during a "phase complete" where the only thing you can do about it is release a bomb, however, typically, if doing so, you still lose your multiplier, because the next spawn wave does not spawn in time to be shot (biggest problem on Hero).

I do like how 'time' speeds up rather than slows down when using boost or overdrive. That is a clever way of preventing the game from slowing down for your teammate every time boost is used to collide with enemies or overdrive is used. It feels kind of like a "turbo" mode in Master and Hero co-op vs. single player.

However, shared points and shared multiplier would make co-op incredible.

Also, about the P2P thing... maybe instead of doing this, implement a latency to the game in co-op. The biggest problem in co-op currently, is how the boost or throw human buttons completely deactivate sometimes, especially during lag spikes. P2P is what causes this since it's designed to be played best on a local network (local co-op sounds great and all for DLC, but it would be nice to have a solid online co-op as well, I'm sure it would attract many, many players).

tommasodb

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:18 pm

This feedback has been passed to the team.

tommasodb

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 pm

A couple of updates:

I can confirm that even Survival can be played in co-op (local and online).
Also, a couple of details about this new enemy, the Dropship:

It releases humans as you hit it. It comes in two versions: one containing three humans, one containing ten.

Also, special hint for the forum readers: co-op in general has been reworked pretty much as you all wish it was in the first place ;-) More details on this maybe tomorrow.

DenT4FacE

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 pm

OH! TERRIFIC NEWS! Ignore my tweet :p
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Return to “Announcements & News”