Re: RESOGUN INTRODUCING RESOGUN’S ALL-NEW DLC: HEROES

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Wicked. Sauce.

But give the news now, ya jack ass!...

:mrgreen:

tommasodb

Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Another new enemy you'll face in Survival Mode. We call this internally a "mini-boss".

The Sentinel marks the transition between the three phases of each day-night cycle. Hunt it down, destroy it, and it will release a shockwave that wipes out all enemies from the screen – no worries, in Survival your multiplier only goes up!

To answer your next question: "How does the multiplier works?". In Survival you can increase the multiplier collecting the humans with a parachute, "multiplier up" tokens and also killing enemies, though you soon reach diminishing returns from them.

Xenjutsu

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Time-machine me to next week, please.

DenT4FacE

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm

More details please! Give us all you've got :mrgreen:
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

tommasodb

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:48 pm

DenT4FacE wrote:More details please! Give us all you've got :mrgreen:

I want to speak about Demolition but apparently I can't until launch. I'll try to negotiate something.

Taylorhead

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:21 pm

So with the ship editor, we get 15 points to spread among the ship stats? Also do you decide what type of weapon it has?

Demolition we have endless overdrive explosions to protect ourselves? Does it charge up? The video you shared with Mikael it looks like you can slow down time and one instance he blasts 2 right after one another!

tommasodb

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Taylorhead wrote:So with the ship editor, we get 15 points to spread among the ship stats? Also do you decide what type of weapon it has?

Yes and yes. You can make a Ship shaped like a chicken with overdrive 10, boost 2 and agility 3 for example. You can also pick which of the three "main weapons" the ship is gonna use.

I'll try to detail Demolition before we go live, but as I said I need to work around some limitations (it's mainly because Sony wants to keep some stuff for the launch blog post).

Taylorhead

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Awesome!! Thanks for the reply.

The new modes sound really good! Endless and Bomber were by far my favorite modes on Stardust. I'm definitely thinking these modes will have the same affect. Can't wait!

ericjohn004

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Man, I was excited about Resogun before, but now that I know all of this I just cannot wait.

I thought the ship editor was only to change the looks of your ship. But it turns out you can make a ship exactly how you want it from scratch. AWESOME. That's even better than a new ship with different bullet patterns.

And the Nemesis got rebalanced! HELL YES! And the scoring got rebalanced! HELL YES. That's like a dream come true.

Now I'll get to play the game EXACTLY how I want to play. With how ever much overdrive I want to have, with the bullet type I prefer, with the amount of boost I like. This is almost too good to be true.

Hell, I'm more excited about the ship editor than I am about the entire rest of the DLC.

I'm going to make a ship with 6 overdrive, 6 boost, 3 agility, and it's going to have the Nemesis's new and improved bullet pattern. Wow, a ship with homing missiles that also have massive overdriving capability, priceless.

Man I sure am glad I came to the forum today. I have a whole new reason to be excited.

DogeOfWar

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 pm

tommasodb wrote:Yes and yes. You can make a Ship shaped like a chicken with overdrive 10, boost 2 and agility 3 for example. You can also pick which of the three "main weapons" the ship is gonna use.

I'll try to detail Demolition before we go live, but as I said I need to work around some limitations (it's mainly because Sony wants to keep some stuff for the launch blog post).

I really hope this doesn't apply to arcade. This could really skew some things. Is this just for the two new modes?

Return to “Announcements & News”