tommasodb

Upcoming Patch fixes and changes

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:55 am

Here a few of the changes that we will introduce with the patch. I trust I can discuss these without being slapped in the face :1laugh:

- Compare your current score live against friends/global/your best score
- Added new trophies (number and nature revealed later)
- Fixed a rare case where the Humanist trophy would not unlock
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect flag would be shown in the leaderboards
- Leaderboards now support more than 100 friends
- See statistics, scores, friend updates and more on the news ticker
- Updated co-op lobby
- Updated leaderboard layout
- Added support for moving and shooting with directional buttons and action buttons
- Added an option to toggle vibration on/off
- Added an option to change HUD opacity
- Added game statistics tracking
- Added new and improved Game Over screen
- Added Weekly and Monthly leaderboards
- Added country leaderboards
- Added session time to leaderboard entries
- Added support for real names
- Minor UI tweaks

There are more, I'll add items as we are getting close to release.

Form Shift

Re: Upcoming Patch fixes and changes

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Those seem like fine changes so far.

I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any changes to how overdriving the cubes during the third boss fight works. During arcade mode and when starting from Acis, it's possible to consistently get into the low forty thousands in points off of them before the bonus points and multiplier are applied. Getting around 55,000 points or above seems to depend on luck, and some of the top ten ranked players have agreed. The difference between getting around 40,000 and 55,000 base points at a 20x multiplier ends up being over 100,000,000 in final points.

It's also possible to destroy every cube on the single level version of Decima or by starting arcade mode from Decima, but destroying every cube there also seems to depend on luck.

It wouldn't ruin the game for me if it's not changed, but having a consistent way to hit them all would make it better to me.

Xenjutsu

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Suggestion: Add a "Restart Arcade" menu option. No one restart the level on Arcade. If it's in need of restarting, it's back to Acis. Without it, we have to exit the game back to the main menus, then restart from there, basically adding the duration of an entire other load screen.

Get us off the menus faster. Speed the menus up (remove animations). It's a fast-paced game. A fast-paced menu would be nice to keep the mindset.

DenT4FacE

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Sounds good.. I suspect you 'forgot' to mention that the human pick-up glitch is fixed..
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

tommasodb

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:22 pm

That is fixed as far as I know. The list of fixes is much longer but I don't have all the details today. As for adding stuff at this point, too late, the expansion is closed. Until the next one of course ;)

ericjohn004

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Will there be any changes to the scoring system? I'm sure you guys know that Phobos is the ship you HAVE to use to get high scores. It'd be nice if you could use Nemesis to get high scores too.

tommasodb

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:26 pm

ericjohn004 wrote:Will there be any changes to the scoring system? I'm sure you guys know that Phobos is the ship you HAVE to use to get high scores. It'd be nice if you could use Nemesis to get high scores too.

Ships have been rebalanced. That means that all ships are now good candidates for score, and hopefully Phobos is not the only go-to.

Also, now players can make their own ship and edit the allocation of stats points – did we mention that? :-)

ericjohn004

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:07 pm

I know a lot of the really hardcore Resogun players are completely fine with how the game was to start with. And it's only natural for you to really like the original game because you've become SO freaking good at it. And Resogun IS a perfect game.

But I'm VERY excited about playing Nemesis now. I used to play Phobos every time I wanted a high score, and switch to Nemesis when I wanted to just screw around and have fun. Which made it more of a grind to get high scores and less actual fun for me. Although it was still pretty fun.(Keep in mind I play SINGLE level practically all of the time, so it's impossible to get the same high score in Nemesis and Phobos while playing single level because herding humans doesn't count as much if you only do it on one level, and this fact means that OverDrive the single most important factor by FAR).

Now I can have fun AND get high scores at the same time in my favorite ship. Not only that, I can make a ship specifically designed for what I want.(the build I have in my head right now is 6 OverDrive, 6 Boost, and 3 Agility, with the Nemesis's bullet pattern. That would be pretty sweet huh?)

Personally I think this was a very good decision on the part of HouseMarque. And I also like the other changes as well.

I can see why the best .00001% of players wouldn't want it changed. And if I were THAT good, I'd want it to stay the same too at first. But I think changes like these will get people playing the game again, and trying for better high scores. I think it'll really mix things up and reinvigorate the game.

And I actually think that even the top .00001% of players will start to play the game in an entirely new way, and eventually I think you'll like the changes. And it gives you a whole new reason to play this AWESOME game.

Hopefully I can now find someone to play in online co-op lol.

xLordAnubis

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Resogun Update Out Tomorrow: Ship Editor, Local Co-op, More Trophies

This update, which is free to all owners of Resogun, lays the ground work for the forthcoming Heroes expansion due next week, which will expand your Resogun experience with new modes, game worlds and more.
In addition to getting you ready for Heroes, we wanted to give everyone something extra to thank you for the amazing support and reception you’ve shown Resogun since release. The guys at Housemarque and us here at XDEV Studio Europe were amazed by the reaction to the game — thank you all so much for getting behind the game.
With that in mind, alongside lots of tweaks, improvements and bug fixes, this free update contains a few special treats from us: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/21/resogun-update-out-tomorrow-ship-editor-local-co-op-more-trophies/#sf3387357

tommasodb

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Yep, you guys were faster, I was actually at a restaurant when they decided to publish this, I wasn't expecting it before tomorrow (original release day for the patch was Monday, not sure why it comes earlier).

Anyway, in the blog post there are a few details of the stuff we introduce with the patch.

One thing I was worried about is that – yes, we need to reset the leaderboards. We will save the scores on Heroes in a special leaderboard, but the others will be wiped away, because all the changes we have been making to the balancing influence how the score accrues, so old scores are basically "not valid" anymore. Please make sure you take a screen of your score if you want to keep a memory of it and you're not on the Hero leaderboard.

The result of this is what we think is a BETTER Resogun experience. I know some people might get mad thinking at all the hours invested, but we really didn't have a choice – it was reset or leaving the exploits in.

We hope you'll see this as a fresh start.

Also, here some more details on the trophies, in advance just for you forum readers :)

Patch trophies

Look, I made this! - Create a ship, share - Bronze
I like what I'm seeing - Like a ship - Bronze
Not 42, but close enough - Create and save a custom ship with exactly 1337 cubes - Bronze
Not even a dent - Complete a level with a custom made ship, without dying - Bronze
Took this thing on a test flight - Complete Arcade mode with a custom made ship, at Veteran difficulty level - Bronze
I'm overburdened - Complete a level with a custom made ship, with zero Agility - Bronze
The loneliness of a short distance runner - Complete a level with a custom made ship, with zero Boost - Bronze
No-verdrive - Complete a level with a custom made ship, with zero Overdrive - Bronze
NAVDML - Complete Mefitis on Veteran difficulty with a custom ship, with every ability set to zero - Silver
Burning times - Complete a level on Master difficulty without using bombs, overdrive or boost on a custom ship - Silver
I'm back and I bought a friend - Complete the game in local co-op with your friend, without dying - Bronze

The patch also includes all new leaderboards layout (with a bunch of new visualization options), new ways to display your score while playing (you can for example see the next global score, your next friend or your previous high score) and other stuff you'll find out by yourself (small changes to the UI, new game end of level screen, stats, etc.).

And to answer another question: no, we don't have separate leaderboards by ship because of the editor, but now you can see HOW the attributes on that score have been distributed and what ship archetype weapon has been used. That should be enough to compare performances.

Return to “Announcements & News”