DenT4FacE

Re: September Patch v1.04 Feedback

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 am

I gotta agree about the orange effect.. very distracting and it looks out of place.

Phobos feels great.

I would need to spend more time on the game to go into details but overall, seems like a good patch. Just not feeling the orange effect at all.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

hkrueger
Developer
Developer

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks for the quick feedback guys.

Honestly, we were pretty happy with the added explosion effect for the weapons, and during our testing here it never proved to be distracting during e.g. Master or Hero runs.

Judging by your feedback though it doesn't seem to be a highly valued addition (to put it lightly), so we'll take that into account for our next update.

DenT4FacE

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:17 am

Well, that's just me and a couple of guys for now.. but now that revenge bullets go in all directions since the July patch (or was it June?), the explosion does make them even harder to dodge. Because for a split second, it's impossible to tell which direction the revenge bullets go.

I plan on spending more time on the game later today. I'll let you know if I spoke my mind too early about the added effect.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

quinntendopower

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 am

Hi Resoteam,

I'll leave some feedback, all in all a fantastic update, I recently picked up Resogun again and am loving the new modes and gameplay changes to arcade and the co-op structure, just playing with random people and having a blast!

On level 2, the order keepers usually spawn incorrectly. I noticed that they tend to split their group between the two players online making it very hard to consistently save the human.

In a mutliplayer lobby, it'd be nice if you could cancel if you accidentally lock in your ship without having to cancel the session entirely to change ships.

I am suffering from a lot of dropped inputs for the boost and sometimes Overdrive online. It's seems more frequent with poor connections. That's the big one so far, I've lost a lot of lives and combos to lost boost :-(

Phobos feels much better now. The faster rate of the main cannon really helps.

Messing with the revenge bullets, I can agree that the explosion does prevent an instant read of their intended direction which is essential for some players to find and route their safe space

As a decent player who will never touch the top dogs, I will say I believe the game should be balanced to accommodate those players in the end. They are the ones who really work hard, practicing for hours a day. Casual players don't seem to notice much of the intricacies and just like shooting things and rightfully so since the engine and gameplay are incredible! Not everyone can be a hero!

Love this game, love you guys and gals! It's great to see you sticking to the game and updating it. Thanks for taking pride in your stuff, it really shows! Looking forward to seeing future updates and content.

PS: Maybe in a future update, we can finally fight the mysterious Housemarque Woman as a Face Boss?

My new favorite line by her is "Wrecking Ball UPGRADED" :1laugh:

Brapp347

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Boosting through splitting enemies no longer kills them, just makes them split.
That's kind of lame.... and makes it way less satisfying to boost.
Not sure what the point of that change was :-P

Taylorhead

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Thanks for another patch!!

I agree with everyone about the orange explosion; it makes me want to dodge thinkin it's a revenge bullet, and it's just not as sexy as the bright white flashy explosions. I agree with Brapp on the way the purple cubes act when you boost through them. Even when you hit them with overdrive they split apart. Reminds me of how the cube boss in the arcade mode acts. Makes me not want to boost through them as it just makes it more difficult.

I also was curious as to why overdrive score wasn't buffed like the arcade mode for survival mode? Overdrive is only good for saving humans in danger and selecting a token item in survival. The amount of points you earn from overdrive in survival isn't worth using up for enemies. Would be nice to unleash some overdrive combos when tons of purple cubes are on the map. Would also give that risk/reward do I use my overdrive for this upcoming item drop and get a multiplier/bomb or try to get a huge combo with all these cubes/enemies?

NealosONE

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:23 am

The orange explosion is bad.
The weapon more powerful at beginning great. It's now weaker in the final stages. I can't change direction with weapon and insti kill closing in enemies.
The enemies split when boosting. I can't get in a truelly satisfying zip around the screen.

Why do you do this ? You claim to patch bugs but what you do is change the game for the worse. Fix the bugs. Stop changing the game.

I played the original Mario yesterday. After racing for 5 laps I finished 4th and earned enough Gold credits to visit the strip club and ... (should mention this is after housemarque offered to fix an old bug)

MrGifster

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:18 am

Could you make "Santa" humans for Xmas........ Ho Ho Ho..... Merry Christmas!

HELLODOLLY

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 pm

So sorry that my post was in caps!!!! I didn't realize it until after I hit submit. In any case, maybe the caps sends a message of how me, and others feel about the recent upgrade. Find a better hobby than commenting on people's posts, atomicorion

tommasodb

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 pm

CR22xHeadshot wrote:The order keeper keepers on level 2 and 4 still spawn incorrectly. I only played 1 game and they already spawned wrong.

There is a logical explanation why keepers don't spawn the same way 100% of the times but I need to call reinforcements of this, because I don't remember it :D

Return to “Announcements & News”