Dragondc3

[Bugs] Troubles with Dead Nation: AE? Report bugs!

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:34 am

Dear Devs,

The private game function on the ps4 port is broken. Sometimes it allows you to invite and other times it forces a random person into your game and not giving you the option to invite. I only wish to play this game with people I know. Please fix this as soon as possible. I am a long time fan of Dead Nation and thank you for porting it to the PS4.

SPARTANSCORPION1

Re: (Dev plz read) Private Game on Ps4 port is broken

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 am

Hi im SPARTANSCORPION1
HARDCORE GAMER FOR LONG TIME I NEVER SEE ONE GAME WHITH BAD CONNECTION VERY BADLY YOU NEED TO FIX CONNECTION SERVER AND THE ERROR CAUSE IN MY PS4 Ce-34878-0 TURNE MY controls lights red. So i cannot play this. I expect better server connection for the next time and please fix this in PS4 error HORROR

SPARTANSCORPION1

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:31 am

STILL BADD CONECTION LIKE PS3 AND NOW IN MY PS4 WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

tommasodb

Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:54 am

Hi Spartan. First of all, take a look at the rules of this forum: https://twitter.com/iam_Differ/status/4 ... 2295740416
Specifically rule number 4. Writing all in Caps Lock doesn't get you more attention, if anything it gets you kicked out.

That said:
this port of Dead Nation was not made by us, Climax Studios is in charge of it. The game released yesterday in the US and will release today in the rest of the world, some hiccup was expected. We are aware of various issues and are in talks with the Climax guys to fix the problems. Be patient, we have hundred of thousands of players playing the game all at once, and only so much that can be tackled 12h after the release.

K-BAN

Re: [Bugs] Private Game on Ps4 port is broken

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:46 am

Its good to see a dev reply back so soon. thanks!
Unfortunately my friend and I were only able to make it past the 2nd stage. We were getting disconnected too much which also happened a few times in the first stage. Yes, we also had lobby trouble to join one another, with the 'private' function not working.
I am from NY, US and he is from England, if that helps out in any way. I'll wait for a patch before jumping back on the game again. Im drowning in games as is ;p But am really excited to play through Dead Nation again and share clips with friends that never played the game. 8)

tommasodb

Re: [Bugs] Private Game on Ps4 port is broken

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi K-BAN. The game connection works P2P (there isn't a "central server"), so poor connection between you guys is most likely the reason. I understand this is not ideal to play with friends living in other nations, I'm actually in the same situation myself (have friends a few thousands miles away and I'd like to play with them).

Test the game with someone a little closer, it should work better. In any case, feedback is being sent back to Climax. If they can improve the netcode, I'm sure they will, but there's only so much they can do when you guys are not even on the same continent...

tommasodb

Re: [Bugs] Troubles with Dead Nation: AE? Report bugs!

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm making this a general thread for reporting bugs, feel free to tell if something doesn't work as expected, a number of issues are already being tackled.

tommasodb

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Just for your info, you can address any connection/save issue you have to these two twitter accounts:

http://www.twitter.com/deadnation
http://www.twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope

Tigger

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Private Game Bug:
When you select Online Game, Game Type: Private, Continue Campaign the lobby is not private and random people will join automatically. Private mode for Start New Campaign appears to be OK.

Connection Error Bug:
I know that this issue can be caused by a million things, however I honestly think that this game either suffers from a disconnect bug or handles it's online sessions very poorly if the connection slows down briefly.
All I can say is that my friend and I play together all the time, generally without problems and this game rates our connection as two bars or orange in the lobby.
We attempted to play through mission one about 6 times tonight, every time getting disconnected shortly after the first checkpoint (a clue?).
We were in party chat the whole time and did not suffer any chat lobby disconnects only DN disconnects all 6 times. Once disconnected the game is ruined - at the very least it would be good to have the host machine pause and allow the original player to rejoin.

For the short time we were able to play as a team we were having a blast so please fix this!!!

Thanks!

Taylorhead

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:36 pm

I know there are several bugs with networking to be fixed, but I just wanted to ask a question about somethin I noticed between the ps3 and ps4 versions. The quick reload in ps3 where you reload and switch weapons doesn't work in the ps4 version. Is this somethin you guys intended for people to use as kind of a advanced technique to discover, or was this a glitch we all were exploiting on the ps3 version that climax studios fixed for this port? Just curious I thought it was done intentionally.

Return to “Dead Nation”