Azharis

Broadcast+ and Dead Nation 2

Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello, I'm french and I play at all your games (Stardust, DN, Resogun, Outland).
If a member can translate my text, it's good.
It's an idea for Broadcast+.

Le problème de ce système (broadcast+) est qu'une petite partie des joueurs peut en profiter.
Je fais donc une proposition pour l'améliorer (pour un potentiel DN2).
Le vote se fait uniquement pour rendre le jeu plus difficile :
- choix de vagues de monstres (un grand nombre de zombis faibles, ou un petit nombre de zombis forts par exemple)
- handicap au joueur
- verrouillage d'une arme
- etc
Le choix de ces handipes se fait par un autre joueur en local (ou online) à l'aide d'une autre manette ou d'une tablette (plus d'options possible du fait de l'écran).
Ce qui permettrait aux deux joueurs (ou plus) de s'affronter, l'un (ou deux joueurs) devant finir le niveau, l'autre devant l'en empêcher en sélectionnant les handiap au bon moment.

tommasodb

Re: Broadcast+ and Dead Nation 2

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi Azharis, thanks for your contribution. I don't speak french but anyone who does feel free to translate.

DenT4FacE

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Azharis wrote:Hello, I'm french and I play at all your games (Stardust, DN, Resogun, Outland).
If a member can translate my text, it's good.
It's an idea for Broadcast+.

Le problème de ce système (broadcast+) est qu'une petite partie des joueurs peut en profiter.
Je fais donc une proposition pour l'améliorer (pour un potentiel DN2).
Le vote se fait uniquement pour rendre le jeu plus difficile :
- choix de vagues de monstres (un grand nombre de zombis faibles, ou un petit nombre de zombis forts par exemple)
- handicap au joueur
- verrouillage d'une arme
- etc
Le choix de ces handipes se fait par un autre joueur en local (ou online) à l'aide d'une autre manette ou d'une tablette (plus d'options possible du fait de l'écran).
Ce qui permettrait aux deux joueurs (ou plus) de s'affronter, l'un (ou deux joueurs) devant finir le niveau, l'autre devant l'en empêcher en sélectionnant les handiap au bon moment.

The problem with this system (Broadcast+) is that only a small portion of gamers can appreciate its benefits.
I have a proposition to make it better (for a potential DN2).
Voting is only to make the game more difficult:
-Monster spawns (a large number of weak zombies or a small amount of strong zombies for example)
-Handicap to player
-weapon lock
-etc
Choosing these handicaps is done by another player offline (or online) with the help of another controller or a tablet (more options available, obviously due to the screen).
This would allow both players (or more) to battle each other, one (or two players) needing to finish the level, the other trying to prevent him by picking the right handicap at the right moment.

This is the best translation I can make.. To be honest, I can't make much sense of it in either languages. It's vague and I'm not sure what he's trying to say.

Anyway, I beat the game on Broadcast+ yesterday and it was AMAZING. I got raped lol. I encouraged people to vote #B all the way.. and they have shown no mercy except for the very last section of Highway to Hell. Thankfully.. because I'm not sure I would've been able to beat the game otherwise. It took me 7 hours and I died 101 times :lol:

I played with default settings.. 30 seconds voting. It was insane.

This was much harder than a Undead playthrough.. I loved it. I almost gave up at one point, on Highway to Hell.. no rush and ability crippled is basically a game breaker against cutters spawn and hundreds of military zombies. But after ~30 quick deaths, I made it to the next checkpoint. That's when my viewers started to feel bad for me :p

I do have a complaint though.. Broadcast+ is fun for sure but it's killing the chat box. Voting should be masked.. a lot of the automated messages should be masked as well. And I should've unlocked Undead after I beat the game on Broadcast+ :p

Good stuff... no rush is a bit too much though. Makes some section literally impossible to beat. I'd rather not being able to get hurt at all for a short time instead of no rush. Rushing is far too important against super zombies..
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Azharis

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks for translate, it's good.

The general idea is to permit broadcast+ by an other local player for play with a friend. One play and other send handicap.

tommasodb

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:14 pm

I do think the idea for Broadcast+ wasn't really chatting, you can always broadcast a normal playthourgh for that. However masking the voting actually sounds smart, I'm just not sure if Twitch could support that.

DenT4FacE

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Ca m'a fait plaisir :)

Tommaso.. Seems we have a very different opinion here because I think chatting is quite important. Why would people be streaming if it wasn't to communicate with other people? I mean, you want people to be able to talk between each other. Share laughs, congratulate, ask questions whatever.. but as it currently is, when you're playing in Broadcast+ the chatbox is cluttered by #A, #B and automated messages. Why do you even need to see the votes? Who needs to see them? And who cares about automated messages when they can see it on the screen?

My point is, why have a chatbox to begin with? What's better? People bonding or a series of codes and redundant automated messages? I don't know if you've experienced Broadcast+ with 20 people and 30 seconds voting rounds but I know that I just gave up on looking at the chatbox. I had to scroll up to see if people/friends had something to ask or say.. not convenient.

And sure, I can always do a normal stream for chatting but then, you lose that special extra.. viewers are losing the opportunity to talk about what should happen to to player. Do they help him or are they making his life miserable? Without chat, Broadcast+ isn't all it can be.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

tommasodb

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 pm

I see your point. I don't know Twitch well enough to know if it supports "whispers", meaning chat messages that are not automatically displayed in the common chat once typed. It would work only in that case.

Twitch wasn't probably made for interactive gameplay from the start, it looks to me that it just happened and people seems to like it. Could be that Twitch will develop more in that direction in the future, but being an external service to PlayStation, not sure how much lobbying for special features can be done ;)

Return to “Dead Nation”