chalky-

Ideas for potential sequels

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 am

an idea for dead nation update or dead nation 2. let us climb up street lights/ lamp posts?. as some are made of wood if zombies set on fire then the post will burn so we have to jump off. yes I said jump!.

tommasodb

Re: [EDITED] Ideas for potential sequels

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 pm

chalky-, I moved this here, it didn't make much sense in News & Announcements.

chalky-

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 am

Spot on dude. Do you think that would be a good idea for the game being able to climb up? Im only asking as it would be good to get out of way of zombies just to re load and think what to do next. And blast loads with launcher or drop a nade on them?. Id love endless to be longer it can be frustrating playing for 2 or 3 hours only to be killed because your looking down screen to see which weapon you have chosen because you cant remember how many times you have tapped button left or right to choose. And same for up and down?. 9 times out of 10 ive died because of that. Or even when we pause the game we can still see game screen?. Endless is designed to be ever increasing odds against us to the point where your brain cant send signals to fingers in time! Ha ha. Id love to get to level 30 or even 40

chalky-

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:15 am

I hope your working on a sequel to dead nation. I positively think that you are, you must be, you have to. or even a little update?. I cant get enough of it because of the retro feel to robotron, to me dead nation is like a classic my favourite game ever!. Or even if it will be released for ps4 its gonna be an expensive game for me to buy because it would the sole reason for me to buy the console id never miss out the chance to get my hands on new game. Id love to test the game before release id give great feedback for it!!. Good luck.

tommasodb

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:54 pm

You read this, right? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8

^__^

That said when we develop games we need to consider every little change carefully, because even things that might seem minor might have a huge impact on things such as pacing, tension, etc. which are pretty vital in a game like DN.

That's not to say that some moment of calm shouldn't be there. Think of Left 4 Dead, the safe rooms are absolutely crucial for the flow of the game...

Drageard

Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 am

tommasodb wrote:You read this, right? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8

^__^

That said when we develop games we need to consider every little change carefully, because even things that might seem minor might have a huge impact on things such as pacing, tension, etc. which are pretty vital in a game like DN.

That's not to say that some moment of calm shouldn't be there. Think of Left 4 Dead, the safe rooms are absolutely crucial for the flow of the game...

Hmmm... thinking about it... it would be interesting to just have a sort of endless mode where you have to be on your toes even when upgrading weapons/managing resources. Don't know how well it would work, but it would remind me a bit of Diablo, where opening the inventory didn't stop the game.

tommasodb

Thu May 02, 2013 10:23 am

I believe Dark Souls has something like that, you never feel safe when checking your equipment...

Cobra_Qc

Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Some kind of horde mode would be cool. Something like the old Tron game only Dead Nation style. You're in a closed room/area, doors/floor/ceiling opens up and waves upon waves of enemies attack you.

I'd go with Rifle equipped only, maxed from the get go. Two boxes that spawns a weapon with limited ammo at the beginning of each wave and another box giving us an item (again maxed, nothing to upgrade). We get to save the weapons and/or items for later usage.. I'd prefer scripted enemy waves for strict high scores but I wouldn't mind having both modes (arcade and endless). Make it so it's impossible to reach the final wave, at some point it'd be like reaching Suicide difficulty in SSHD. Yes, I'm picturing something a lot harder than Undead difficulty here.

Of course, this mode could be DLC but it'd be better if it was included with the campaign.

It's not the idea of the century but it's simple and it sounds very effective in my mind :D

reef101783

Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Personally i would like to be able to use a mini gun as a weapon and not a deployable. maybe to offset the strength of the gun make the player move a slower pace when the weapon is equipped?

unholyxnightmare

Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 am

Just some random ideas that popped in my head.

Melee Weapons in the store.
Different character attires maybe?
Car rigging? self accelerated car with alarm moves into crowd slowly then explodes.
Some kind of bonus zombie mode within the game itself? Kill as many as you can before you die then you get a bonus multiplier or something?

Return to “Dead Nation”