JoshingAbout

Re: [EDITED] Ideas for potential sequels

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:54 am

Different types of ammo would be great to see! It'd add some variety to the gameplay.

I'd like to see some more realistic physics put into the game. MythBusters have proven that you can't explode a tank of propane gas by shooting at it with regular bullets even if they can penetrate the tank. Incendiary rounds worked, though. Perhaps instead you can puncture the tank and spill the contents out, then you have to light it up with a flare gun, grenade or molotov for a truly epic explosion? I guess this isn't a big deal but I just like realism :P

I also love the idea of being able to strategically spill oil onto an area and then lighting it up when zombies are in range. It'd be like a molotov affect but much greater? I guess you could just use a molotov but it'd be nice to have different ways of setting up the same traps for zombies.

A flare gun for long-range distractions would be great too. Also, how about a Shrapnel Grenade? It'd be kind of like a radial blade cannon effect with the shrapnel flying everywhere?

One last thing: missions during the day. I know it says in the news reports between missions that zombies only come out at night, but if that's the case then it doesn't make much sense as to why we're travelling by night rather than during the day if we're trying to survive! It'd also add some variety to the atmosphere in the game. Being chased by hordes of zombies during the day would be just as terrifying. I know things would be easier to see, but then you could add in a new Stealthy/Invisible Bio-Weapon to add some tension and surprises.

The Bio-Weapon could be seen as a clear blur and only appears when it has been hit by bullets or melee attacks?

I've actually started thinking of ideas for character backstories and the plot of a potential Dead Nation 2. Someone stop me xD

chalky-

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 am

Spot on great ideas, keep them coming!.

tommasodb

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 pm

All good stuff guys. I can't grant any of it will be used as we can't speak about our other PS4 game, but we're checking the forum :)

JoshingAbout

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Yeah I imagine that if Dead Nation 2 is the other PS4 game then it's probably been in development for a while now and the ideas we're putting forward won't make the cut, but it's always fun to think of them :D

Another idea I had was to change the way the rush bar works. Perhaps it'd be better as a stamina bar? You could run/charge until the meter runs out instead of a single burst that uses up the whole bar? Then each of the stats could change how it works: Strength increases how much you can shoulder barge through enemies, endurance increases how long you can run for and agility increases how fast you run? To compensate for the new mechanic it'd have to regenerate slower, but you could have Stamina kits that are similar to Health kits?

How about more suped-up versions of the Bio-Weapons like the Big Mouth in Road to Devastation? They could act as mini-bosses? Imagine a Super Cutter! *shivers*

It's great that you guys are reading the forum and viewing all the ideas we members put out.

reef101783

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:36 pm

tommasodb wrote:All good stuff guys. I can't grant any of it will be used as we can't speak about our other PS4 game, but we're checking the forum :)

Will we hear about the other PS4 game this year?

tommasodb

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm

I can't see in the future and I can't make that decision. Maybe :)

reef101783

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 pm

tommasodb wrote:I can't see in the future and I can't make that decision. Maybe :)

It was worth a shot

chalky-

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:58 am

i hope in dead nation 2 you will be able to keep the gates open and open other doors in co-op mode just to get more multi x for better score?.

Jerique

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 pm

I may be repeating some stuff, and if I do, I'm sorry.

I definitely want a Dead Nation 2, and especially for PS4. I would gladly pay $60 for it and $20 for DLC.

I love Dead Nation and the 10 rounds of campaign and the Road of Devastation modes. But I think this game would benefit from game modes such as:

• King of the Hill: A 4-person multiplayer mode where players one by one trying to get a high score and staying alive round after round killing hordes of zombies.
  • Deathmatch: 2-players go head-to-head, split-screen and have to kill zombies for three rounds. In the fourth round, they battle each other. For when they kill zombies, there can be penalties against their score for dying, taking damage, and bonuses for killing everything faster than their opponent.
  • Survivor: Survive staying one spot equipped with limited supplies for an [x] number of rounds as the odds increase.
  • Run This Town: Drive in a vehicle through an area (AI driver or human) kill the zombies nearby and make it through the level.

--

New weapons - such as different rounds for guns. Acid rounds, explosive rounds, freeze rounds, for the launcher. C4 explosives. Mounting guns. Net shooter gun. Melee weapons - knives, axes, baseball bats. Trapping weapons - barbed wire, fencing. etc.

Interactive environment - being able to explode walls, fencing, swim under water to expand a level and change the path of the story.

New, better bosses - keep the runners, cutters, and such...but add new ones. maybe zombie dogs, etc.

Bring elements from ROD to the main story mode - electrified fencing, chainsaw with conveyor belts, etc. Auto-turret. Mouth in ROD is much more interesting than the Mouth in Campaign.

RPG elements to characters. Instead of simple adjusting speed by armor and such give the characters stats to be able to be increased. Strength can be damage dealt or how far you can push the zombies away with a melee push. Endurance can still be how to take damage, and speed can be the same. But instead of just armor changing these give us the choice using RPG exp gained during the levels. Example:

points in % still added at the end as a bonus, but split up "zombies killed" into
basic zombies killed (1 exp per zombie)
runner zombies killed (4 exp per zombie)
leech zombies killed (3 exp per zombie)
bombie zombies killed (5 exp per zombie)
mouth zombies killed (6 exp per zombie)
jumper zombies killed (8 exp per zombie)
cutter zombies killed (15 exp per zombie)

Let's say you ended with
650 basic (650 exp)
48 runners (192 exp)
16 leeches (48 exp)
6 bombies (30 exp)
4 mouths (24 exp)
8 jumpers (64 exp)
3 cutters (45 exp)
(1053 exp for the entire mission)

Let's say 1 increase for speed at level 1 would be like 550 exp. It'd be more fun and balanced if properly worked out and had that type of element. I'm super excited for DN2. I'm really hope that all the ideas already said will be in the game and it will come out for PS4.

JoshingAbout

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 am

If Melee weapons were included in a sequel, one of the trophies could be:

[Trophy Name] - Complete a level using only a melee weapon.

I'm running low on gameplay ideas :P

Return to “Dead Nation”