reef101783

Re: [EDITED] Ideas for potential sequels

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Not sure if anyone already said this but a weapon crafting system.

JoshingAbout

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 pm

reef101783 wrote:Not sure if anyone already said this but a weapon crafting system.

How did I not think of this?! If implemented properly I think it would be really cool! I think it would have to be limited to a single crafted weapon though, otherwise our inventory would be ridiculously full :P How about Supply crafting too?

Imagine crafting something amazing like a mini gun that fires electrostatic rounds that stun/electrify enemies? Gattling gun/grenade launcher hybrid that rapid-fires mini grenades? (Smaller area-of-effect and less damage to compensate for the amount of ammo).

It would take a LOT of work to balance the system (examples: the higher the damage the lower the ammo and longer the reload time, higher the rate of fire the less damage), but it would be pretty incredible if a crafting system was implemented, even in a DLC pack.

A cool upgrade for the Blade Cannon would be to have it act like a boomerang, spinning around an area for a few seconds before it loses momentum.

Cobra_Qc

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:02 pm

I gotta be honest, I dislike most of the suggestions people brought up. I just had to say it... But then again, I trust Housemarque. If they like what they're reading, chances are that I'm going to end up liking those suggestions after all.

tommasodb

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Cobra_Qc wrote:I gotta be honest, I dislike most of the suggestions people brought up. I just had to say it... But then again, I trust Housemarque. If they like what they're reading, chances are that I'm going to end up liking those suggestions after all.

Why do you dislike them?

reef101783

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Cobra_Qc wrote:I gotta be honest, I dislike most of the suggestions people brought up. I just had to say it... But then again, I trust Housemarque. If they like what they're reading, chances are that I'm going to end up liking those suggestions after all.

As someone who has posted an idea or two in this thread I am offended...just joking. But I am curious do you have any ideas?

Drageard

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:56 pm

To me. some sound a bit overpowered?... Probably what people like the most is mow down as much zombies as possible. But also asking for harder boss-like zombies? Some ideas seem a bit making the game easier, but proper balancing is always to be had. I mean after all, this is a new ideas thread, they just have to be polished for the game, or maybe these ideas spur new ones.

I think the bosses idea isn't half bad. A whole battleground for one boss.

reef101783

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Drageard wrote:To me. some sound a bit overpowered?... Probably what people like the most is mow down as much zombies as possible. But also asking for harder boss-like zombies? Some ideas seem a bit making the game easier, but proper balancing is always to be had. I mean after all, this is a new ideas thread, they just have to be polished for the game, or maybe these ideas spur new ones.

I think the bosses idea isn't half bad. A whole battleground for one boss.

How do you feel about being able to modify your weapons? For Example being able to change the type of rounds your smg fires to incendiary. Or having your rifle have a alternate firing mode fully automatic or three shot burst.

Drageard

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Alternate firing modes seem ok to me, though changing rifle to auto might make the smg even more useless than it already is I feel.
Incendiary rounds seem like they would render molotovs or the flamethrower useless, tho grenade launcher ammo the Resident Evil way could work in my mind.

Cobra_Qc

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 am

Nothing personal reef.. my comment was a little rude and I apologize for that.

tommasodb wrote:

Why do you dislike them?

I like what Drageard replied. Everything he said sums up my thoughts nicely.. but I'll expand some more.

To be clear, I said "most". It's just that many suggestions are taken from modern era games. I just want more of the same.. only with different environments, more enemies, end bosses.. New weapons, as long as they don't screw up the balance of the gameplay. For example, I dislike the gatling gun idea because then one of the character would be too slow when playing in coop. A level that involves a vehicle is fine, but just one (unless the game has more than ~12 levels). I wouldn't mind seeing different modes, kind of like the mini-games in Delta because I can easily ignore them (sorry ;p).

I think I suggested a horde mode, something similar to Endless mode only in coop (or single player).

Basically anything that isn't trying to fix what ain't broken. The game is freaking excellent, no need to re-invent it. If you're concerned about making the major critics give Dead Nation 2 the love it deserves, I think that enabling voice chat from the get go and offering something that isn't solely based on flashlight environment would seal the deal. Make the game longer for those who can't see replayability in mastering the game and improving their high score.

Just my honest opinion of course.. I'm just another gamer and I don't pretend to hold the truth.

reef101783

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 am

Drageard wrote:Alternate firing modes seem ok to me, though changing rifle to auto might make the smg even more useless than it already is I feel.
Incendiary rounds seem like they would render molotovs or the flamethrower useless, tho grenade launcher ammo the Resident Evil way could work in my mind.

Even though it was underpowered the smg is one of my favorite weapons and I never use the flamethrower or the molotovs that's why I suggested the incendiary rounds

Return to “Dead Nation”