reef101783

Re: [EDITED] Ideas for potential sequels

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 am

Cobra_Qc wrote:Nothing personal reef.. my comment was a little rude and I apologize for that.

tommasodb wrote:
Cobra_Qc wrote:I gotta be honest, I dislike most of the suggestions people brought up. I just had to say it... But then again, I trust Housemarque. If they like what they're reading, chances are that I'm going to end up liking those suggestions after all.

Why do you dislike them?

Cobra I take nothing personal I was joking when I said I was offended. This is good conversation I love to hear other people's opinions :D

Drageard

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:27 am

reef101783 wrote:
Even though it was underpowered the smg is one of my favorite weapons and I never use the flamethrower or the molotovs that's why I suggested the incendiary rounds

Ah, I see then, a friend of mine preffers the SMG over the shotgun, while I use the shotgun xP I mean it's not THAT bad.

About that horde mode Cobra... sounds interesting, it gave me some ideas, maybe a map for it could be like protecting a fort with traps activated by R2 hitting them like in campaign?, though that might sound a bit too CoD: WaW.

Or an open survival mode with no rifle, relying purely on finding scattered weapons and resources? though that sounds a lot like that horde mode :lol: just getting my two cents with whatever I come up with xP

Cobra_Qc

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Drageard wrote:About that horde mode Cobra... sounds interesting, it gave me some ideas, maybe a map for it could be like protecting a fort with traps activated by R2 hitting them like in campaign?, though that might sound a bit too CoD: WaW.

Or an open survival mode with no rifle, relying purely on finding scattered weapons and resources? though that sounds a lot like that horde mode :lol: just getting my two cents with whatever I come up with xP

Once again, I really like the way you think.

I would hope for a variety of horde modes. There should be a way to play something that ends after a few minutes and a mode that can go on for hours if you (and your teammate) have the skills.

But yes, protecting a generator (how's that for a generic idea ;p) sounds great to me. It doesn't have to be a generator of course..
A survival mode with restricted ammo and supply would be awesome.
And another mode that could go on forever, in theory. Just wave after wave of random enemies and gradually increasing difficulty. With crates for supply and ammo that replenish after each wave or something like that.

Those are really simple ideas and they are far from being innovative but I think innovation is overrated. Especially when the gameplay is right.

Gehennakat

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Dead Nation has the play control down, but if we're talking next gen sequel I would like to see at least 3-4 players on the screen at once with more things on the page. I think it should pick up where the first left off with you partially infected. You can still use weapons, but you also have mutations based on the infection. you can have cutter blades on your arms instead of typical melee, or smash ability of a jumper, so you can balance between weapons and "powers". ***SPOILER*** Since McReady killed Morton at the end you could also have him be unstable, and when he gets aggravated (think rage meter) he becomes something less than human but unstoppable for a short time. Rescue option for civilians in levels would be a nice addition as well. Just gamer thoughts.

chalky-

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:53 pm

is there any news on dead nation update, or dead nation 2?.
its been a while since i asked. because of resoguns release.
ok now that you all have settled in to your new offices maybe you now have time to remember us the "DEAD NATION" fans.
many thanks and hopefully a speedy response.
and ive noticed the dead nation severs are down, i cant find out why anywhere on the web??.

DenT4FacE

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 am

Dead Nation servers down? Since when? I was just playing it in coop with a friend last night..
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

atomicorion

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:09 am

I'm guessing they're busy making Dead Nation 2 for PS4 hence why they can't make any "announcements" yet.
lol..I still play Dead Nation now and to think the games' been out for a couple of years already.
It's one of those games that you don't get bored of.
Honestly,I do hope they're making Dead Nation 2 as it's such an awesome game and would be a bit disappointed if they're not. :(
But at the same time,i'd be happy to see what the next game is as Housemarque games are top notch! :P

Gehennakat wrote:Dead Nation has the play control down, but if we're talking next gen sequel I would like to see at least 3-4 players on the screen at once with more things on the page.

I too, would like to see the current 2 player co-op change to a 4 player co-op as the PS4 should have no probs with that.

tommasodb

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:02 pm

chalky- wrote:is there any news on dead nation update, or dead nation 2?.
its been a while since i asked. because of resoguns release.
ok now that you all have settled in to your new offices maybe you now have time to remember us the "DEAD NATION" fans.
many thanks and hopefully a speedy response.
and ive noticed the dead nation severs are down, i cant find out why anywhere on the web??.

We don't have any announcement to make at the moment.
Dead Nation on PSVita is still coming, but we are not developing it, so we know little more than you about the release schedule.

As for "when is the time for announcements then?" we honestly don't know when we will be able to speak about our next PS4 project, it's not up to us, but to the publisher. As a player, you should know there are certain times of the year when it's more likely to see new stuff mentioned, but as I said at this point we don't either.

reef101783

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:26 am

well I said it before in this thread and I'll say it again I hope your next unannounced ps4 game is a sequel to dead nation

atomicorion

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:44 am

reef101783 wrote:well I said it before in this thread and I'll say it again I hope your next unannounced ps4 game is a sequel to dead nation

You're not alone there buddy :D .
I think there's plenty of "gamers" hoping and waiting in anticipation that Housemarque is going to announce the next PS4 game is DN2.(fingers crossed)

Return to “Dead Nation”