tommasodb

Re: [EDITED] Ideas for potential sequels

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Yeah we are kind of aware of your requests guys, they are hard to miss :D

JoshingAbout

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 pm

I really hope that the announcement of Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition for PS4 is indicative of a Dead Nation 2 release for the system as well. Sony have made strong ties with Housemarque and I imagine they'd like to put a spotlight on their games, especially seeing as ResoGun is one of the top-rated PS4 games to date. Having Dead Nation: AE as a free game on PS+ advertises Housemarque more and gives people time to get excited for a sequel announcement at E3 ... oh I can dream!

Recently I've been refining what I'd want in a sequel. My main things would be:

* 4 player co-op
* More developed characters (since Jack and Blake were just the same character).
* A deeper plot line (there's so much potential to build off from the first game!)
* New Special Infected!
* More crazy weapon choices and gadgets
* More ways to customise the characters (maybe adding more things than just Strength, Endurance and Agility?)
* Multiple Campaign save files. I like playing the game with different friends but it sucks that you have to erase the progress made with someone else. Also being able to have Campaign saves at different difficulties would be great.

I'd love other game modes like I've suggested before in the thread but I get the feeling most people wouldn't want to change up the core gameplay.

tommasodb

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm reading ^__^

SPARTANSCORPION1

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:26 am

Hi i'm SPARTANSCORPION1
The BETTER IDEA FOR THIS GAME IS..... MAKE FASTEST SERVER CONNECTION , VERY GOOD CONNECTION IN ROOMS. Please!!!!! PS4 .
OTHER IDEAD IS MAKE THE GAME COMPILATION LIKE DYING LIGHT AND BATTLEFIELD 4 PS4 & looks like 7 days to die.

tommasodb

Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:58 am

Spartan, as I wrote in the other post, please make sure to read our forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

Taylorhead

Re: Ideas for potential sequels

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:34 pm

I like the idea like others have said about a horde or endless mode. I like the dlc ROD endless mode, but I found myself not playing it as much cause it takes so long to get my score and without saves it could take 2-3 hrs to finish a game. A mode like the endless on super stardust would be great. You get in and it gets tougher and tougher the longer you last.

Not sure if it's possible, but imagine a 4 player co op endless mode obviously where you aren't confined to that ring that co op has now maybe have arrows at the edge of your screen to indicate where your teammates are. A timer at the top of the screen that is counting down to indicate when there is a break in the action; say it gives a 30 sec break, allowing the players to run to the upgrade station. Maybe have areas on the map that players need to defend that award certain things: multiplier orbs, money orbs, health, new armor upgrades, or new weapons appearing at the upgrade station, etc. I like the saw traps with the conveyor belts and the electric traps from RoD (maybe have these recharge and require money to activate). Obviously the players have the ability to revive teammates.

Basically a mode that is really fast paced that causes tension. I'm talkin hordes of fast skinless running at you with cutters and jumpers coming in. I can picture players running all over the place and setting up mines or flares to give them time to revive a teammate.

Gehennakat

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 am

Gehennakat wrote:Dead Nation has the play control down, but if we're talking next gen sequel I would like to see at least 3-4 players on the screen at once with more things on the page. I think it should pick up where the first left off with you partially infected. You can still use weapons, but you also have mutations based on the infection. you can have cutter blades on your arms instead of typical melee, or smash ability of a jumper, so you can balance between weapons and "powers". ***SPOILER*** Since McReady killed Morton at the end you could also have him be unstable, and when he gets aggravated (think rage meter) he becomes something less than human but unstoppable for a short time. Rescue option for civilians in levels would be a nice addition as well. Just gamer thoughts.

Definitely like the broadcast +, I wish there was a way for random players to actually interact instead of vote. Let spectators queue up in a separate lobby to play as parts of the horde. Have it rotate every few times you die to play the different zombie types.

Taylorhead

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

On the ps4 edition of Dead Nation the mapping of face buttons to assign guns was great. Anyway I've played several other games where the I've had to use the touchpad to swipe up, down, left, or right and it works quite well. What about in the next game using the touchpad as a shortcut to throw items? So instead of just selecting the item when you swipe it throws it instead. For instance swipe up and it throws a flare, or swipe down it drops a mine. I know there are more than 4 items, but being able to assign the swipes to throw items I think could work pretty well.

tommasodb

Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 am

Uhmm... I feel that taking away the thumbs from the stick could be rather deadly in an intense situation...

reef101783

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:40 pm

tommasodb wrote:Uhmm... I feel that taking away the thumbs from the stick could be rather deadly in an intense situation...

Totally agree on the higher difficulties the last thing I want to do is be messing around with a touch pad.

Return to “Dead Nation”