jagman

Dead nation revisted

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:32 am

A good game is like a good symphony .For example Sibelius 4th .Especially the 2nd movement .Has tension ,development, mood, atmosphere and suspense .
Dead nation can be a much better game and reach a more diverse player base .All the good art work seems wasted if the game cannot be better .I think it can .
1 . The weapon / upgrade is based upon finding money and gaining money from zombie kills .Better to mix kill efficiency into this .The better the efficiency the better the upgrades .With the possibility of loosing upgrades with inefficiency .

2 . The game should be darker .The flare and torch should be more pivotal in navigation of the environment .More flares and not only zombie attraction to flares but zombie agitation .

3 .Not so much a BOSS scenario ending but more interesting escape routes together with dangers .

4 . Some aspects of missions where stealth and avoidance is necessary .Too many zombies for the current weapon availability .

5 .Keys to unlock things. Like help full escape routes or stationary Gatling cannon ,retractable bridge .Keys for mid mission trap weapons ,mines ect.

mp2k3

Re: Dead nation revisted

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:14 am

I never did finish dead nation (family member did). I'm going to hop back into it to see your points. Although #2 I thought the game was too dark lol.

tommasodb

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks for the feedback. At this point Dead Nation is not gonna be revisited, since the original game came out 5 years ago, and the recent Apocalypse Edition added all the improvements Climax Studio had a budget for. However, what you say is still useful information.

The only thing I disagree with is the need of the game to be darker, that actually had to be fixed because on most people's TVs they couldn't see enough (me included). Even the current version is quite dark in my opinion, but sure, it depends on what you're watching it (computer screens are better than TVs at contrast).

mp2k3

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Only got a chance to play this once co-op with family the last 3 weeks. Had some items come up and gaming time was severely limited. Never did finish this game few years back, but I feel inclined to finish this pre Alienation coming out. I wager maybe fixing the lighting on my TV might make it a little better (currently playing Apoc edition).

jagman

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:39 am

After getting a PS4 and dead nation for that and comparing it to PS3 .Yes it is much more atmospheric .Watch out for that Zombie hidden by smoke ! Just one request ? That a patch be done so that the trigger be automated for the riffle or the SMG be fitted with a greater capacity or unlimited .This being for the reason of ergonomics .The constant tap ,tap ,tap of the riffle button is not good for the hand .Or create save points in the never ending game .Save at an increment of five engagements .Perhaps increase the arcade to twenty levels rather than six .The player can switch between two primary weapons and not just one .

tommasodb

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi there, I need to quote myself from above:

Thanks for the feedback. At this point Dead Nation is not gonna be revisited, since the original game came out 5 years ago, and the recent Apocalypse Edition added all the improvements Climax Studio had a budget for. However, what you say is still useful information.

What you write is however good feedback for Alienation, a game that shares some of Dead Nation's features.

jagman

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:29 am

I find it interesting that the developers say that there are limited resources .Most of the work is done with Dead Nation .But I think it could be re- tweeked and re packaged to a less arcade style and more tactical player as the target consumer .Look at the success of Alien Isolation ? With a version of endless in that the player can move from one zone to the other and have to find special weapons .The condition being that the weapon has to be re-acquired when it runs out .Surely dead nation could have another add on .If people have stopped playing dead nation work out why .Perhaps it has a lot more potential .

tommasodb

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:34 pm

With "limited resources" I mean 2 things: all the people at Housemarque are actively working either on Alienation, Matterfall or the "Jarvis Project", so there's no one free to revisit Dead Nation again (that's why Climax did the port). That aside, the Dead Nation IP belongs to Sony, and not us, so we can't do anything to the game if Sony doesn't think it's worth investing in a new edition (and since Apocalypse is rather recent I would guess they're good for now).

jagman

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:16 pm

I hope to see Dead Nation 2 in the future .Steam just released Total Annihilation after all these years and I believe it has been doing OK .Such an old game with dated graphics has something going for it and sometimes there is a new market .

jagman

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:15 am

More options and a level editor would do a lot for dead nation a s a game .

Return to “Dead Nation”