DBizzle

Know issues and bugs since 1.10 patch

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Just thought I would start a thread so we can share any issues or bugs we come across since the 1.10 patch. This is not a thread to bash the game or the Devs simply for knowledge and maybe in the hope if we get another patch some of these issues can be resolved :-)

All of the issues are on a base PS4 I don't currently have a PS4 pro to test with.

Coop connection is much worse since patch for numerous players. This is the main reason I feel we should get another patch be such a shame for this game to have a broken multiplayer for the rest of its life cycle.

Pause screen has a flickering issue since patch.

Game is running slower and struggles with slow down when hording big overdrives especially noticeable when overdriving the cubes on Decima.

Multiplier flashing when about to expire has changed and is now harder to tell when multi has been refreshed.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Know issues and bugs since 1.10 patch

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:01 pm

I will forward this thread to our Tech :-)
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

tallamon

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Bizz,

great thread thank you.

let me include what I found from commando (just so you guys know me, I am currently no.1 ranked commando, this is only to say I play this game a lot!). These issues are commando only, the only mode I really play:

1) Coop issues same as above, since patch connections are unstable and generally worse.

2) Flickering in pause screen

3) New boost graphics glitch out. When boosting, some of the new sparkles at the far end of the boost explode into a very distracting glitch rather than fading out. This is especially problematic in harder levels where some of this glitch effects might appear to be enemies or are just distracting enough to cause deaths.

4) New colours on item drops make it very hard to tell when the item is expiring. Before the item flashing was very clear to peripheral view meaning one could exploit the item at the very last second. As it is now the green fusion makes the flickering very hard to tell unless you are specifically looking at it, which is not ideal.

5) When shield is lost, shield charge under boost charge still appears. This bug was present even before the patch, not that problematic but I'm listing everything I know.

6) In online coop mode, when a player dies the big spiders (worth 5000 points) sometimes still shoot towards the direction of a "ghost", meaning the place where one of the players had died before, rather than shooting at the only surviving player. Again this was present pre-patch.

All the best.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:06 pm

I pinned this topic :-) At the moment we are gathering information on the various issues that people have reported. I'd also like to mention that we are sorry for the new issues in the 1.10 patch - 4K and HDR are both new territories to us!
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

DBizzle

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:59 pm

It looks like the patch may have caused some issues with streaming. I have had a few comments saying my stream quality is not as good as usual! When I'm hitting big overdrive blasts the stream is no longer able to keep up anymore. Again this is on the base PS4 streaming HD 60fps

tallamon

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Issues after patches are normal. Personally I'm glad to have better graphics, it would be sad if this affected gameplay though (especially high end competitive gameplay) so would be great to see these issues addressed eventually. Thank you anyway.

DBizzle

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Was linked this interesting article last night (thx G). Not surprising a few issues have arised since the patch seeing as the whole game has been ported to the latest game engine!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... or-ps4-pro

DBizzle

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:43 am

Got a PS4 Pro today so have done a little testing. I don't have a 4k display at moment so still playing in 1080p. Game runs a lot smoother still feels like a little more input lag and game feels a little slower than version 1.09. No slow down when hording big overdrives and cubes were smooth as well, still harder as the blue particle effects do make it harder to see how the cubes have split. Streaming on pro works fine did a short 1080p stream and then a longer 720p 60 fps stream both looked good.

SIONTIS

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Frame rate drops and showdowns after the latest patch . I play on a C-chassis (1216A).

SIONTIS

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm

SIONTIS wrote:Frame rate drops and slowdowns after the latest patch . I play on a C-chassis (1216A).

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”