MaxxL

Can I revert to 1.09? Please?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:02 am

Hi, Resogun is (was) my favourite game on Ps4.
Sadly, with the 1.10 update, I feel the game isn't my Resogun anymore.

Since I don't care about the useless and distracting PSPro bells & whistles, can I revert to 1.09? Or maybe can you release another patch to make the non-Pro users to revert the modifications made in 1.10?
I don't care if I can't play online anymore without the latest update, i just want my Resogun back.
Thank you.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I revert to 1.09? Please?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:45 am

Hi and I'm sorry to hear this :-( Would you care to elaborate what exactly it is that's buggering you? At the moment we are collecting information on the issues that came with the 1.10 patch. HDR and 4K are both new technologies (in general and to us) so it's not a big surprise that some new issues were introduced when implementing those to an older game that wasn't designed to support those features from the start.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

MaxxL

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 am

Right, I understand all your hard work, but i feel that the "improved visual" makes the game slightly different (and imho not in a good way). Particle effects and graphics in general are now too bright and distracting: for eample the sparkles when you kill an enemy can cover up other enemies and bullets, making the game less "readable" thus haming serious competitive play. Some collectibles are now less recognizable and the effect when they're about to disappear is hard to see. Beside this, the particles also cover part of the "derezzing" effect of crumbling enemies, and this harms the distinctive visual style of the game imho.

More, the boost and overdrive effects feel different, and the explosion when you lose a life is much worse now. I understand is a nod to Nex Machina (i'm looking forward for your new game!) but i personally prefer the old way.

I respect your work, and I don't want you to do extra work, i was just wondering if I could revert back to 1.09, that's all I need.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:33 pm

I believe that reverting any application to older version is impossible on PlayStation. One thing that we could possibly do in a future patch is to add option to the game that allows users to disable some of the additions made in 1.10. I'm not sure how likely that is, but I'll link this to our producer :-)
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

supajoofly

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 pm

who dat :ugeek:

hi ;)

we used to be able to download the game and delete patch as it tried to download to play on old version but now it's all in one

MaxxL

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Thank you for the reply.
In the end, I think this 1.10 patch was targeted interely towards PRO users, using 4K and HDR; but for standard Ps4 users is unnecessary at best. Maybe this patch had to be downloadable exclusively by PRO users.. that would make sense.
I hope you can do something in the next update, even something minor like an option to tone down the brightness of particle effects (basically taking it back as it was before). Thank you in advance.

DBizzle

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Yepe I'm presuming the question could you elaborate what is buggering you was a typo. :lol:

I have to say I agree with OP if I had the option I would be reverting back to 1.09 in a heartbeat. I don't mind the new visuals that much but they have definitely had an effect on game performance on the base PS4!

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”