DenT4FacE

Re: If final patch, two suggestions:

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:12 pm

I agree with supajoofly... but you don't need to relay this to the team Tommaso, Harry and Henri are already aware and it's apparently going to be changed in the next patch. This is good news.. Neil just doesn't know it yet :p
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

NealosONE

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

well when me and Bizzle both need to bomb on survival, but he manages to trigger it a fraction before me... leaving me to explode at other side of world.
Are you going to feel guilty when I hurl abuse at him?

Maybe an option to able/disable double bombing ability

supajoofly

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:00 pm

when a bomb is used the other player should flash and be invulnerable for the duration of the bomb. anyway we've been made aware that there is a fix for this in the next patch so no sense speculating. lets just wait to see what they have in store ;-)

EspanaJeff

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:59 pm

In terms of Commando, is there some sort of cap on how many bombs you can get? 5 seems to be the max. Never seen it higher.

If this is true, can you increase that? Possibly to 7 or 8?

Either that or increase the odds of getting bombs. When we use a bomb or 2, lord knows if we will get them back due to RNG.

Orrrr...what about having bombs drop for certain phases? During the first 20, you can have 1 guaranteed drop at phases 3,6,9,12,15? You can still have a chance at more bombs during other phases, just a lower chance (but still possible). So with this, you can have 100% bomb drops as well as a (low) chance at more.

Would love to hear everyone elses opinions on this. Just throwing some things out there.

DenT4FacE

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

NealosONE wrote:well when me and Bizzle both need to bomb on survival, but he manages to trigger it a fraction before me... leaving me to explode at other side of world.
Are you going to feel guilty when I hurl abuse at him?

Maybe an option to able/disable double bombing ability

You're thinking of the one situation where one of the player is at the polar opposite of the other player and where you absolutely need a bomb to survive. As you know, you should use a bomb when you have no boost or no overdrive.. The problem you are anticipating is real, I'm not denying it but you have to admit that it's a situation that's rarely ever gonna happen. I'm not saying it never happened..

But think of the amount of times you both needed to use a bomb absolutely and now think of the amount of times two bombs were use to kill one Sentinel or save the Multiplier? Even with a mic to communicate, there's not enough time to communicate your intention. It's Day 15.. you're in a stressful spot and can't wait to see the Sentinel spawn so you can use the bomb to kill it but so is your teammates but oh no, you only have 2 bombs left and now you have none.

The multiplier is yellow.. no enemies in sight, where is your teammate ? Are enemies spawning near him? The multiplier is now flashing red... still no enemies in sight..
"Hey, Bizzle can you save the multiplier?"
"Hmm, I'm not sure.. can you?"
"Multiplier lost".

If you ask me, the change is a good thing.
Last edited by DenT4FacE on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DenT4FacE

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:22 pm

EspanaJeff wrote:In terms of Commando, is there some sort of cap on how many bombs you can get? 5 seems to be the max. Never seen it higher.

If this is true, can you increase that? Possibly to 7 or 8?

Either that or increase the odds of getting bombs. When we use a bomb or 2, lord knows if we will get them back due to RNG.

Orrrr...what about having bombs drop for certain phases? During the first 20, you can have 1 guaranteed drop at phases 3,6,9,12,15? You can still have a chance at more bombs during other phases, just a lower chance (but still possible). So with this, you can have 100% bomb drops as well as a (low) chance at more.

Would love to hear everyone elses opinions on this. Just throwing some things out there.

If you care to hear my opinion.. Personally, I think it would be better if the powerups were fixed. No randomness, because I'm a purist.. but it was explained in a stream Housemarque did with Harry Krueger that the RNG was a design choice. It was meant to create a sense of tension or relief. I think it works well as a initial challenge. By this I mean for the first 10-20 hours you play the game and when you're basically just trying to beat the first loop. But it doesn't work too well as a scoring system. Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways.

I know I would be more inclined to go hardcore on Commando mode if there was no RNG.. but I also understand that the experience wouldn't exactly be the same. The same can be said for Survival and Protector. They have a cool scoring system but the RNG kind or breaks the purity of it but ultimately, this is only an issue when you need to beat a crazy high score. It's not really a problem for the first 20-40 hours you play the mode.

So in short, I agree with you. But I'm sure they have their reasons for including a RNG element to those modes.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”