xen22b

If final patch, two suggestions:

Fri May 15, 2015 12:03 am

If there is to be a final patch, I have two suggestions for the Arcade:

Suggestion #1:

Arcade multiplier glitch(?). I'm not 100% sure if this is actually a glitch, because it's existed and I mentioned it the day Heroes came out, while it's never been 'fixed'. The multiplier can lock up visually. After playing with it awhile, I now wonder if it's a purposeful part of programming. I first discovered it playing co-op Arcade Master/Hero the first day Heroes came out and it seemed like a game-breaking glitch if it didn't grow to maximum without being reset. After returning to Resogun and playing single player Arcade, I realized it happened at the start of Acis Hero. The first few times this occurred, I intentionally lost my multiplier at the start of Acis to reset it back to 0x so it could grow.

Then I learned, every time I went through Master Arcade 10-stacking every level and never dropping multiplier, my multiplier would always start at either 43x or 46x at the start of Acis Hero literally every single time (I haven't yet figured out what determines 43x vs. 46x though). Because the multiplier visually stayed at one of those two numbers even while killing enemies, I continued to intentionally lose the multiplier at the start of Acis Hero. Then one time, I said 'fuck it'.

That's when I finally learned the multiplier doesn't start visually going back up until the game's actual multiplier registers 43x or 46x once you've killed enough enemies as if your actual multiplier had started at 20x in Hero all along just like the original Arcade always did when never losing the multiplier in Master Arcade.

In co-op, this glitch(?) is more severe, since it's not only visual and CAN affect end-game score. The multiplier can do the same thing at the start of Acis Hero as it does in single player if the multiplier is never lost in Master and remains purely an aesthetic problem. However, when saving an extra life human after your partner is dead and has 0 lives, the multiplier can max out immediately (20x in Master, 100x in Hero).

This is abuse-able, because doing this can allow a 20x multiplier by the end of Acis Master and a 100x multiplier by the end of Acis Hero if your partner suicides to 0 lives, then you hold the extra life human to save first at the beginning of an Acis 10-stack, then save all the humans on a normally impossibly maxed multiplier. In the end, a 20x Acis Master 10-stack vs. a 17x Acis Master 10-stack isn't much of a points difference, but an 82x Acis Hero 10-stack vs. a 100x Acis Hero 10-stack can be a significant difference if a team was so willing and able to abuse this (despite its risk and difficulty for the player who didn't suicide).

But I have considered the extra life human max multiplier save trick with a dead ally and 0 lives as a programmed reward for the player who didn't die all game, as well as a reward for the lesser teammate getting to come back to life.

In this regard, if this is a glitch and not a programmed reward, here is a 1-minute replay of the first time this happened to me in co-op Arcade Febris Hero, which did make playing co-op a lot more fun with a lesser teammate who uses up your lives and bombs, as we both tripped out when he was brought back to life and the multiplier was automatically maxed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg4xjVroZB8

Suggestion #2:

Add a "Restart Game" and a "Restart Level" option for co-op Arcade, the same way you did in single player Arcade. This would be even more beneficial in co-op Arcade, because every time you want to restart the run, you have to go back through the PSN invite process, which is much more of a pain in the ass than just having to go through the Resogun menus, especially when PSN is lagging and the entire friends list won't load.

xen22b

Re: If final patch, two suggestions:

Fri May 15, 2015 2:56 am

Also, thanks a lot for removing the chiming sounds on the main menus when the Resogun Heroes release happened. When I found out that you guys did that a couple months ago, that is literally the only reason I started playing Resogun again. Not kidding. Best menu music of any video game of all time, by a long shot. Always brings me straight into Reso-mode. Sometimes, I just leave it on high volume when I'm doing other things nearby. For instance, like right now as I'm browsing these forums. I have a sound bar and nice sound setup on my TV, and it's just epicerrifantastical.

xen23b

Sun May 17, 2015 2:51 am

Oh, also:

Suggestion #3:

On the Decima Master Single Level scoreboard, remove "Theonematrix1" in the #1 slot at 179, 554, 840 using the original Phobos ship in the original Resogun pre-patch set on 6/22/2014 at 11:44 PM with a session time of N/A.

It's been almost a year now and that's the only score that is still an impossible value. Whether in the Matrix or not, that is an impossible score, even robotically. Robotically probably caps around 175-million using a 0-5-10 ship.

tommasodb

Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm

We're aware of that score, and been pushing with Sony to get it removed. It's harder than it should be, the score (if I remember correctly) happened because of a system-wide bug, the guys wasn't probably even playing Resogun. If they remove the score, he gets banned from PSN.

We haven't been able to find a solution around it.

xen24b

Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Simple solution for Suggestion #3:

Add a 4th cube, or even 5th cube, exclusively for Decima Master Single Level. A 4th would allow a few top players to breach 180M. A 5th would allow maybe twice as many top players to breach 180M, which could negate the glitch score all the way out of the first page of the scoreboard (top 12). Just make the 4th and/or 5th cube drop from the sky in the far background the same time the boss emerges.

Pretty simple solution and you wouldn't have to get Sony's apparent incompetence involved in trying to figure out a way to remove the score and not ban the guy at the same time.

tommasodb

Tue May 19, 2015 10:25 am

This sounds more like a hack than a solution. Changing a boss behaviour right now would require some serious testing to make sure nothing gets broken, and with the team mostly focused on a new game it's probably not a risk worth taking (as we might not be able to release another patch if something goes wrong).

xen24b

Tue May 19, 2015 11:19 am

A completely broken scoreboard (because "king of the mountain" status is unachievable) is far worse than adding 1-2 cubes. That changes nothing of how the boss is played against. It does just what it would do: add 1-2 cubes. That's it. If that's a "hack", cut my balls off and staple them to a tree.

I am only saying this, because: I am king of that mountain, as well as many others. And if it was someone else, they'd want #1 by their name instead of #2. Fix it.

tommasodb

Tue May 19, 2015 11:54 am

From the forum rules:

Express your opinions with good manners, don't be aggressive, don't bitch like a 3 years old for no reason. In short: be an adult, or leave.

I'll ban you once more. I'm not getting tired, they pay me to do this :D

ahernandez1124

Sat May 23, 2015 2:32 am

Nemesis weapon could use a buff

supajoofly

Sat May 23, 2015 12:42 pm

ahernandez1124 wrote:Nemesis weapon could use a buff

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the current nemesis weapon is a huge buff over the original version. it shoots fewer missiles, but they are significantly stronger! in my opinion, the nemesis weapon feels quite nicely balanced in it's current form. ;-)

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”