GRASSYLK

??? DECIMA-VETERAN ??? High Score???

Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 pm

How is this score even possible?
Why is it that every time I overdrive into the big blocks from the boss I don't get the turn out that I would like. Not even close to what I viewed on YouTube?

grassylk

DenT4FacE

Re: ??? DECIMA-VETERAN ??? High Score???

Sun May 31, 2015 11:07 pm

What you've seen on Youtube is from an old version o Resogun where there was no limit to the Overdrive chain. Now the Overdrive bonus is capped at 10K. Meaning, in the video you watched.. the last little cube destroyed by the overdrive could be worth something like 55K. Now, enemies can't be worth more than 10K when you overdrive.

As for the impossible scores, I assume you're talking about the 599 quadrillion scores.. those are glitches.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

GRASSYLK

Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Ouch that kind of sux. Why cap at 10k? Anyway the score that I'm referring to is 305,286,940 by killakarl27 @#1
You are #14 and I am #22.
That has to be bull because killakarl has so much lower of a score than me in other leaderboards. Besides I really don't see how that is even possible on single level DECIMA.

grassylk

DenT4FacE

Sun May 31, 2015 11:50 pm

GRASSYLK wrote:Ouch that kind of sux. Why cap at 10k? Anyway the score that I'm referring to is 305,286,940 by killakarl27 @#1
You are #14 and I am #22.
That has to be bull because killakarl has so much lower of a score than me in other leaderboards. Besides I really don't see how that is even possible on single level DECIMA.

grassylk

His score was done at the exact moment that the patch came through. So his Decima score was actually done with a no limit overdrive. Mine was done ater the 1st patch which had a 1000 pts cap.. a bunch of us complained that 1000 pts limit was way too low. Housemarque eventually agreed and consented to re-patch the overdrive cap to 10K.

And the reason it was patched to begin with is because (and this is my personal take on this) too many people had a misconceived understanding of the scoring system, so they complained. They thought that the only way to get a decent score was with a ship that had good overdrive.. this was true for single level scores but essentially, it was also due to an exploit people have found where you could circle around the level and let enemies spawn and do a massive overdrive on them.

I tried to keep the explanation short and simple.. I hope you can make sense of it. But in the end, it doesn't matter anymore. There's only one or two old scores that are still unbeaten (with the exception of the quadrillion high scores in arcade mode).
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”