steeltoe

New saucer sound is way too loud/deep

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:56 am

Today's update changed the sound of the human-seeking saucers to be louder and VERY low-frequency. My neighbors IMMEDIATELY complained when I played Resogun today. I have to nearly disable my subwoofer so it doesn't shake the floor, which means the rest of the sound effects are terrible. This is my favorite game and I play it every day, now I am cringing when I shoot a saucer, which isn't going to help my score. Why did this need to be changed? It's too much :-( :-( :-(

SIONTIS

Re: New saucer sound is way too loud/deep

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:04 am

I really enjoy the new abductor explosion SFX , I get a lot satisfaction from that sound. If you disturb your neighbors USE HEADPHONES, like everybody else does. ;-)

tommasodb

Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Now all abductors use the same sound to make them feel consistent. No new sounds have been introduced. I'm sorry to hear your neighbour doesn't share your passion for Resogun, perhaps you should ask him over for a co-op? :P

mp2k3

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Wow....neighbors complaining :-( Headphones will do the trick as Siontis explained. A side benefit of Reso is it can be a great stress reliever playing without the headphones and blasting everything in sight with the sound jacked up. I don't have a problem with my neighbors because I can't seem to hear what they are telling me :1cheesy:

If all else fails after the co-op conversation, try giving them a fine bottle of wine (if you are under age, try chocolate) and using moderate volume when playing Reso.

-mp2k3

NealosONE

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Fix your game housemarque. My neighbours don't like it hahahaha

That is the most lame patch excuse I have ever heard lol

What a waste of the resoteams time to even have to read that and reply

steeltoe

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:46 am

Thanks for responding, @tommasodb. The end result though is that these little saucers, not hard to destroy, make a more intense noise than anything else now, including the sentinels. I was just playing again now, and the sound makes me cringe, headphones or no. A previous patch added a much more distinctive sound when the boost is recharged, which was an AWESOME improvement. I just don't get this one.

@NealosONE, I work at a game company and we get weird user feedback all the time. It's part of the job. I've learned to respect when a user bothers to contact us, regardless of how seemingly bizarre the complaint is. They must feel pretty strongly about it. Now go back to eating Cheetos and dreaming of working in the games industry. Cheers!

supajoofly

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:28 am

what's wrong with cheetos?

Planetjacker

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:33 am

Played today and noticed the ufo sounds are back. Thank you. Wasn't expecting the sound to cross all game modes. It's a trip to kill several quickly in survival. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM haha.

tommasodb

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:20 am

steeltoe wrote:Thanks for responding, @tommasodb. The end result though is that these little saucers, not hard to destroy, make a more intense noise than anything else now, including the sentinels. I was just playing again now, and the sound makes me cringe, headphones or no. A previous patch added a much more distinctive sound when the boost is recharged, which was an AWESOME improvement. I just don't get this one.

@NealosONE, I work at a game company and we get weird user feedback all the time. It's part of the job. I've learned to respect when a user bothers to contact us, regardless of how seemingly bizarre the complaint is. They must feel pretty strongly about it. Now go back to eating Cheetos and dreaming of working in the games industry. Cheers!

Hi steeltoe, you're the only one complaining about this issue of which I'm aware, are you sure you don't have some sound setting wrong? Because I would expect more people to mention it otherwise. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more feedback.

EDIT: team says they will check if there's actually something wrong with the sounds, just to be sure.

NealosONE

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Steeltoe, is it too late to be best friends?

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”