SIONTIS

Super boost question.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:37 am

Does anybody know why sometimes the super boost has speed fluctuation? Does the slow downs happen because the ship blasts through something big that is about to spawn? Is it stage interaction related ? Maybe frame rate drops during SB while the stage has too many enemies? Also , I think super boost is way too fast resulting to human losses and disorientation. What's your opinion?

supajoofly

Re: Super boost question.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 am

i definitely get disoriented.... after a good 30 second + super boost i nearly spin out of my chair when it stops, lol

SIONTIS

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:37 am

supajoofly wrote:i definitely get disoriented.... after a good 30 second + super boost i nearly spin out of my chair when it stops, lol

What about the speed hiccups?

tommasodb

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 am

SIONTIS wrote:Does anybody know why sometimes the super boost has speed fluctuation? Does the slow downs happen because the ship blasts through something big that is about to spawn? Is it stage interaction related ? Maybe frame rate drops during SB while the stage has too many enemies? Also , I think super boost is way too fast resulting to human losses and disorientation. What's your opinion?

There's no frame rate drop we're aware of. You're obsesses with this stuff SIONTIS ^__^

SIONTIS

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:48 am

I'm aware of my obsession , thanks for the helpful reply Tommaso.

tommasodb

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:33 pm

SIONTIS wrote:I'm aware of my obsession , thanks for the helpful reply Tommaso.

I'm actually not sure what the speed fluctuations look like to your laser eyes, can you show me a video so I can see what you see?

SIONTIS

Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Unfortunately I am not familiar with video posting :oops: .It's like when normal boost begins without hitting anything and has a steady speed until it hits on something that slows it down and if enemy population is sufficient for chain kills , speeds up again(that's the boost speed fluctuations I mean). Super boost works differently, it maintains a steady speed no matter when or what you blast through. Am I right?

tommasodb

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Superboost works differently from normal boost, sure, but – bugs permitting – there shouldn't be any slowdowns/speed fluctuations.
If you kill enough enemies, your Superboost gets charged to a higher "tier", which means different boost visuals and higher top speed... Other than that it should always remain the same (unless you're changing direction of course).

SIONTIS

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:41 pm

1 out of 5 super boosts (maybe more) has serious speed fluctuations , usually after day 3. This is super easy for the team to reproduce.

ZMayaZ

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:07 am

SIONTIS wrote:Unfortunately I am not familiar with video posting :oops:

It's really easy. Set up a Twitch account online. Choose the share button on PlayStation and voila! You can also link it to Youtube and share the link with the forum.
Let us know what your name on Twitch is and we can watch your super sonic "speed fluctuations". :-) But try not to spin out of your chair like Supajoofly :lol:

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”