salamagogo

Commando mode enemy health question.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm

So I've wondered this for a while now, and just decided to make a post to get others opinions. This is regarding the wheel-type enemies that first appear at the start of phase 7. They drop down on both sides of the screen and then start rolling towards the house. It feels like they have varying amounts of health. It also seems like they take more damage just before they hit the ground as well. Anyone else notice this? I realize commando mode has a pretty frenetic pace after the first few phases, so its possible I'm occasionally hitting them without realizing it, but it just seems like some are absorbing a bit more damage before they are finished off. Any thoughts on the matter?

EspanaJeff

Re: Commando mode enemy health question.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Glad you brought this up.

The most confusing enemy in terms of health. I find shooting the top part of it can kill it quickly but even then, that doesn't always work. It feels quicker than shooting it head on.

The best thing to do, IMO, is to jump over them and boost through them. Easy kill plus you position yourself back to the middle, which is always the best place to be.

DenT4FacE

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:02 am

Indeed, the most mysterious enemy.

I'm no Commando expert but I definitely noticed that the "Rollers" health is unreliable. I try to dash them as much as I can... only way to be 100% they'll be destroyed when you expect them to.

Now, I may be imagining things but I find that the closer to the house they are, the more health they have. Again, I could be delusional about that but they really seem to go down easy whenever I shoot them shortly after they spawned.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

tommasodb

Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Just checked, they have fixed health and damage is constant independently from their position. So, in theory, the things mentioned are only a matter of perception.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”