tommasodb

RESOGUN, tips & tricks

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 am

Since RESOGUN is now finally out and some people are wondering about some scoring mechanics, I decided to start a thread here where we'll post a few suggestions, once a day (I'll try to keep this up, but don't take it too literally, things are still busy over here).

If you have questions, just ask, and we will answer... in time ;) Other users are of course free to give it a shot.

So, first tip:

Kill the normal Keeper enemies
These are the enemies that have a green glow around them.
Once the group is killed, a line will extend to connect with the chamber it unlocks.
Some of these seem to expire after a while, so you should kill these fast to not risk losing the human.

tommasodb

Re: RESOGUN, tips & tricks

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Kill the Keeper enemies in the correct order.
Have you noticed that starting from level 2 some Keepers appear in an ordered group?
There's a specific order in which you have to kill them. The first one is always marked with a green glow and a target, while the others are marked in red.
If you accidentally kill the wrong Keeper and break the kill order, the human from that group will be lost.

Cobra_Qc

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:12 pm

This is my kind of thread :mrgreen:

I got the platinum yesterday, not on my usual account though.. PSN is acting up and it refuses to let my account sign in for some reason. I hope it gets fixed soon... anyway, now that I've learned how to survive, it's time to figure out how to climb the leaderboards so this thread has my attention.

My tip:

Collect green voxels and pay attention to the lady. You'll need the green voxels to fill the overdrive meter, the lady's voice will inform you when overdrive is available (you can also keep track of the green bar under your ship but it's not always obvious to know when it's ready to use, that's where the lady comes in). Make sure to use it as much as possible but try to be strategic about it. You get massive combo points when you chain kill enemies with overdrive.
Last edited by Cobra_Qc on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommasodb

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Well said Cobra. The sounds coming out from the controller are not just a gimmick, they help you focus on your performance instead of trying to figure out what's happening on the other side of the level when in the middle of a really though battle. I would strongly suggest not to mute them.

tommasodb

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 am

Keep your multiplier up

The life of certain humans (let's call them "secret humans") depends on the multiplier on certain phases of the level. Check out the glow BEHIND the multiplier to understand if you're going for it or not.
If the multiplier is high enough, your multiplier will flash and release a human.
If your multiplier is too low, that human will be lost instantly with an accompanying sound effect.

tommasodb

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:06 pm

The Throw Human button

Some people seem confused by this one. Don't be! Throwing Humans should be a standard button in every game. What the button does is simply... ehr... throwing a human in the air. For what purpose? Well, if for example you are boosting, you can use the ship's inertia to throw the human further. That becomes really useful if you're busy fighting waves but still want to:

1) Deliver the human to the next escape pods
2) Make sure the human doesn't die with you if you're about to blow up

Also, a skillful mastering of the Throw Human button allows you to juggle humans - 2 or even 3 at the time. Why in the world would you do that? To be cool, first of all, but also for score related reasons as we will explain in one of the upcoming tips.

tommasodb

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:52 pm

How to boost

Boosting in RESOGUN is not only vital to escape enemy waves, but should also be considered as a weapon to ram and explosively land in the middle of swarms.
As you probably noticed already, the end of a boost is always accompanied by an explosion. The more enemies you hit with a boost, the bigger the explosion. Also, notice that each enemy you hit with the boost will slightly recharge the boost itself, allowing for really long and devastating charges.

Do it like they do on the Housemarque channel!

Cobra_Qc

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Combining boost with throw humans has seriously improved my game :mrgreen:

About the last tip, do you still get as many points for killing enemies when you boost through them and/or when you kill them with the boost detonation?

What about when you use a bomb? Do you still get the same amount of points?

hkrueger
Developer
Developer

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Cobra!

When killing enemies with boost (either going through them or with the boost-end bomb), you'll get all the normal score from enemies, and also get a little extra for each enemy you kill.

The more enemies you can chain during your boost, the greater bonus you'll receive.
You can see how much extra you're getting from the green score text that pops up after killing an enemy during boost.

The bomb rewards you with the same points as normal, however you need to be careful when using it because if you run out of things to shoot, you'll risk losing your multiplier :)

Cobra_Qc

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Awesome! Thank you!

Return to “Strategy Guides”