DogeOfWar

Re: RESOGUN, tips & tricks

Fri May 02, 2014 1:58 pm

I was wondering if you can quantify a few things for me. I'd appreciate it.
What are the speeds at the various difficulties? For example if Experienced is 1x then is veteran 1.3x and rookie 0.7x?
What are these numbers?
Also what are the multiplier intervals between shooting two enemies to retain your multiplier on different difficulties?
I'd really appreciate this information, just been curious.

tommasodb

Fri May 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi Doge, I'll be able to answer that precisely on Monday, still having my little getaway in Germany for the weekend and right now I don't remember in detail.

tommasodb

Wed May 07, 2014 12:45 pm

DogeOfWar wrote:I was wondering if you can quantify a few things for me. I'd appreciate it.
What are the speeds at the various difficulties? For example if Experienced is 1x then is veteran 1.3x and rookie 0.7x?
What are these numbers?
Also what are the multiplier intervals between shooting two enemies to retain your multiplier on different difficulties?
I'd really appreciate this information, just been curious.

Lol, ok, I remembered what was the question.

There are lots of parameters that have been balanced for each difficulty, and each one has been tweaked separately.
For example, enemies move approximately 20% slower on Rookie, and about 10% faster on Hero. All the other 3 difficulties are at 1.0x move speed.
Enemies spawn 200% slower on Rookie, but 40% faster on Hero.
The multiplier expiration time is about ~3 seconds on Experienced. On Rookie it expires 50% slower, on Veteran+Master about 30% faster, and on Hero about 40% faster.

Hope this helps!

DogeOfWar

Wed May 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Ah, awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Surprised that experienced and veteran are the same speed though.

supajoofly

Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 am

Are there hidden statistics on the ships which you could disclose to us?
For instance, I have noticed that ferox recharges overdrive faster than phobos despite having a '5' in the overdrive category and phobos has a '7'. this doesn't exactly add up, and i was wondering if there were any characteristics to the other ships that I haven't quite picked up on and are not disclosed in the Agility/Boost/Overdrive stat summaries. :1huh:

Thanks ! :D

DogeOfWar

Thu May 08, 2014 1:44 am

The 5 and 7 correspond with length of the overdrive. So it's not really a hidden statistic.

supajoofly

Thu May 08, 2014 2:13 am

yes doge, i understand that! :P but there isnt a stat for 'overdrive recharge' therefore being a 'hidden' stat which players are left to discover on their own. i would like to know the exact speed that boost recharges on each ships and overdrive aswell if you have that information readily availible, tommaso.
thank you!

Brapp347

Thu May 08, 2014 6:58 am

I gots a question. Does anybody know specifically how the boost shield works? Sometimes after a boost, I die like immediately, even though there's supposed to be a brief shield. Like right when I release the boost and blow up enemies, I die. Of course, this is from revenge bullets, but the shield should protect me from that. Does the shield last longer if you don't activate the slow motion effect by colliding with an enemy? If I let the explosion kill enemies, without triggering the slow-mo, I live much more often than when I DO activate the slow-mo.
I might just be making stuff up in my head, but I have a feeling if you don't collide with enemies during a boost, the shield lasts longer.

wow, I just found out that the longer a boost is, the bigger the explosion will be. # of enemies killed might also have something to do with this. I'm sure you guys already knew that, but somehow I didn't realize it till now. :-P

yup, amount of enemies killed during a boost also contributes to the growth of the explosion. Once again, probably not new information...

tommasodb

Thu May 08, 2014 9:10 am

DogeOfWar wrote:Ah, awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Surprised that experienced and veteran are the same speed though.

One thing I forgot to mention: each enemy has its own difficulty-specific tweaks, which would explain why some of them appear to move or shoot faster on higher difficulties.

534n

Re: RESOGUN, tips & tricks (especially last challenge)

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi,

One more challenge to achieve and I'll be done. It's the worst however : s Save all humans on Mefitis master, shooting is disabled. It's horrible! Would you guys have any tips please? Cheers! S.
P.S. I made it to level 40, got platinum but would like to continue levelling up so I found the on-line challenges, they are always empty. If you'd like to play let me know. PSN = DirtySnazzyWooly

Return to “Strategy Guides”