tommasodb

Re: RESOGUN, tips & tricks

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Cubetron pointsmageddon

The most experienced players know this already, but Cubetron, the boss at the end of the 3rd level, is a great enemy to boost up your score. First of all: overdrive works wonders on the cubes he shoots out, especially if you master the "overdrive minigame" we mentioned some weeks ago. Also, if you're not in a hurry, the small cubes around the level can be used to increase your multiplier bit by bit. Try it out!

DenT4FacE

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Ah Cubetron! So we know one of the bosses' name :D

Can I post a video on how to pull this off? Or do you prefer if people find out on their own? (Or by watching a wonderful stream *whistles*)

Also, I have a question for one of the programmers.. Do points work exactly the same in Single Level and Arcade? I'm asking because I seem to get more points out of Cubetron in Single Level. Maybe it's only because I've never got it quite right as I sometimes do in Single Level but to be honest, I have a feeling you can't get as many points from the cubes in Arcade.
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

Br1ckt0p

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I've watched you 'negotiate' Cubetron Dent4Face :D I've not tried it yet but it was interesting watching. Great find! ;) Kudos!

DenT4FacE

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:49 pm

This is Single Level on Master and with the Phobos. You can't get so many points in Arcade or on lower difficulties because the overdrive isn't as powerful and long lasting as it is here.

Forgive the poor quality. This was uploaded to Facebook and the resolution took a hit when I copied it to Youtube. Better quality can be found here

Not perfect.. could've been better but they're cubes. They can always be better ;)

Brapp347

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:28 am

Holy crap, that was insane! Also hi, I'm just joining in on this thread now.

The things I would really like to know about are the way scoring and bonuses work.
Like, are all the enemies worth the same amount of points? What exactly is the bonus for boosting through enemies? And what exactly is the bonus for using overdrive? Why does overdrive give so many damn points? I tried to experiment and find out, but there's always so much going on, it's hard to experiment. The only thing I'm really certain of is that each green voxel (for the overdrive meter) is worth 10 points. Other than that, the numbers just seem random and I can't really pin point what they're coming from. When I boost, I see that it shows you green numbers, but it's still too quick to really figure out what's going on there. Is the green number the BONUS for boosting or is it the total number of points you're getting from the boost PLUS the bonus. It's all very confusing... I'd really like to just see a chart or something of how every scoring detail works.

I really like knowing EXACTLY how scoring works in high-score type games. Even in pinball games, I hit certain targets and make mental note of how much they're worth.

The main thing I'd like to know is how the bonuses for boost and overdrive work. Is the total score of an overdrive something like this: overdrive bonus=overdrive score*enemies killed in overdrive.

DenT4FacE

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:03 am

Hey Brapp, I cannot give you the answer you're looking for but I can tell you what's really important when you want to get a higher score.

-Keeping that multiplier alive.
-Saving all humans. Each human you save in a row is worth more than the previous one you saved and your multiplier affects how many points you get for them. They can be worth millions.
-Overdrive timings. Make the most out of your overdrives, try to figure out the best patterns for every level. The more enemies you kill while in overdrive, the more points they give and this is affected by your multiplier.

The boosting bonus is hardly worth considering..

This is what I know.. this is what I care about when I play. This is all I need ;p

Brapp347

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 am

Okay I think I figured it out.

Boosting through enemies works the same way as boosting through tokens did in super stardust.

You get the same points for boosting though them as you would usually get from shooting them, but you also get a bonus, which is the green number. The first enemy you boost through will yield a 10 point bonus, the next one will add 20, and the next 30...40,50,etc.The green number is not the TOTAL bonus, it's just the amount of bonus points from that single enemy. So if you boost through 4 enemies, it'll be 10+20+30+40, which would equal 100. I'm not sure if this bonus score applies to the multiplier, but I'm guessing it does.

Using overdrive works the exact same way, except with 100's.

I was thinking that the green number was the total bonus you got from that boost or overdrive, but it's not. Perhaps at the end of an overdrive or boost, there should be yellow numbers that shows you the total bonus you got. So with the 10+20+30+40 example I gave above, the green number would be 40, but it should go away and a yellow one should come up with bigger font and say 100. It would be kinda like getting group kills in super stardust, where killing a group of enemies would double all of the points for that group and it would come up with green and bigger font to let you know your total bonus.

I figured this out by watching gameplay on youtube and pausing it and using windows calculator :lol: I hope it's right...

edit: I also figured out how the human scoring works.
they start out at 10k the next one will be 20k, but if you get it in when there's blue arrows, it'll be 60k(50k more than the last one). Then you would think the next one would be 30k, but it would actually be 70k, because the 50k ones actually affect the next ones. So if you save 4 in a short period of time it'll be 10k+60k+110k+160k. That's a lot of points!! But if you lose a human, they start from 10k again.

Br1ckt0p

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Dent4Face, I see you fast approaching on Rookie mode. I wondered when you'd arrive :D This has a certain feeling of inevitability about it :D

For info re my score. I think I've left about 30m points on the table which isn't enough to challenge for top spot. I 10 stacked all the humans on levels 1 - 4, but got too tense on the last level and chickened out to play it safe :? I think I got a 6 stack, and then put 3 humans through as singles, but lost the last human. That's a fair few points. I'm probably missing some better overdrive opportunities too. But I don't think my perfect run through is quite enough to challenge for no1 spot. Best of luck, excited to see you there! Figure I'm happy to be in the top 10 so am moving on to Intermediate next, then Vet, then Master, and hopefully the Hero board one day.

DenT4FacE

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:39 pm

:mrgreen:

Yes, tried to claim that #2 spot. I'll try again but it's difficult to go back on easier difficulties. Your score is pretty damn awesome brickt0p. Honestly, I'm not sure I can beat it.

Also, that's how Jumpmanjam started.. he spent a lot of time on Rookie and slowly but surely made his way to Hero, while I kept moving to harder difficulties as soon as I could.

Br1ckt0p

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks Dent4Face. I've just realised the other top scorers are using Phobos, but I've been using Ferox. Maybe there are a few more points to find with a ship change?

Rookie was good for working out the scoring system and for memorising the order of things. But the few goes I've had on the harder levels, I don't have the raw skills you guys have got. Might take a long time to climb the order a bit. Hope to join you up there one day though! :)

Return to “Strategy Guides”