Dead1y-Derri

Tips for playing on master difficulty?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Hello,

Does anybody have any tips for playing on Mater difficulty?

Its those damn revenge bullets that get left behind that always trips me up.

DogeOfWar

Re: Tips for playing on master difficulty?

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Practice, practice, and more practice. Feel free to hop on Twitch. A majority of the top players are always streaming their games there and you can always learn from them.

TimHitchings

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Shoot when traveling in reverse

MrGifster

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 pm

DogeOfWar wrote:Practice, practice, and more practice. Feel free to hop on Twitch. A majority of the top players are always streaming their games there and you can always learn from them.

I for one learnt a HUGE amount watching the top ten heros play on twitch, just watch closely and try and test the tips out one by one , until you masterd one trick before trying another , keep watching and learning. Nothing happens over night, but watching the masters upped my game play big time.

SuziQ

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 pm

MrGifster wrote:I for one learnt a HUGE amount watching the top ten heros play on twitch, just watch closely and try and test the tips out one by one , until you masterd one trick before trying another , keep watching and learning. Nothing happens over night, but watching the masters upped my game play big time.

What channels are you watching? Right now I only know of raseyign and xenjustsu. The latter unfortunately hasn't any archived streams on his channel and is hating the patch with a passion, so I don't know if he will ever stream arcade or single level again.

Xenjutsu

Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 am

I'll stream if they fix the leaderboards with the post-patch scores playing the original. For now, I'm only playing co-op. I don't know if anyone will want to watch that.

I do have about 200 replays from the original I can upload, but it doesn't include my run with 10B on Sunday, because it was incomplete and I didn't know Housemarque would delete the game. I had intentions to make a replay of a perfect human value run (saving all 10 humans at the end of each level) with Nemesis on each Single Level in Master and for Arcade in Master and Hero, but, once again, I didn't know I was pressed for time through Housemarque deleting the game.

Though, I have enough to show you how to stack humans on each level in Master (10 Acis, 10 Ceres, 10 Decima, 6-4 and 7-3 on Febris, and 5-5 on Mefitis) and anywhere from 10 at a time to 2 at a time on Hero. Each replay less than 10 minutes each, along with my single level Master runs my first week of playing Resogun, before I knew about several "tricks" (like bombs refreshing the multiplier, carrying two humans at a time through the shield glitch, and human value carrying over through each level in Arcade) where I achieved #1 Nemesis on every level and never dropped that rank. I can upload them to Twitch sometime once Resogun gets all sorted out and stabilized once again.

The system is probably a lot easier than you think; it's just difficult to master and there are a lot of discrepancies and a few game glitches you had to consider, especially on Febris and Mefitis when playing Nemesis on Master and Hero, things that still exist in this "new" Resogun.

Ultimately, either you have the talent or you don't. You can become a better player, but when starting from the bottom of the top 100 and moving up, you have a difference in human perception. The higher up the rank, the more equipped a player is, genetically, in terms of natural reflex and "on the fly" multitask ability, along with being able to notice differences in milliseconds.

Some people can't notice the difference between 60hz and 100hz. Some people can notice that difference, but not the difference between 100hz and 120hz. Some people can notice the difference btween 120hz and 150hz... these are the kinds of people you have in the top 10. If you are one of these people, you are destined to be in the top 10.

Test yourself and practice at your limits until you reach your limit. Then defy your nature and breach your limits. Just be persistent if you really want to improve at anything, in Resogun and life.

supajoofly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:33 am

Told u he post an essay in 24 hour every1 owes me $5

supajoofly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:35 am

Twitch.Tv/supajoofly streaming now suziq, please feel free to drop by and ask any questions you may have

Xenjutsu

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:46 am

Watching Supajoofly do anything is a great way to learn what not to do.

I recommend watching him play. That way, you can learn from someone else's mistakes as opposed to your own.

tommasodb

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:00 am

supajoofly wrote:Told u he post an essay in 24 hour every1 owes me $5

supajoofly, you're the next candidate for a ban. This is not a kindergarden. Keep it cool and in topic.

Return to “Strategy Guides”