salamagogo

Protector mode tactics.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey everyone, I'm assuming you are all enjoying the awesome new content. I know I am. In regards to protector mode, I am wondering what the best course of action is to deal with city destroyers in regards to scoring. You can flip the level if you are fast enough and delay the ship, fight it head on, or deposit the last humans right as it spawns to instantly destroy it, but which is best for score? Does level flipping before it spawns give more points than destroying it? Is there any benefit to avoiding them, ie; do ships get harder with each successive defeat, or is the difficulty just based on day/phase? I would think speed is rewarded with the addition of teleport tokens, but its hard to gauge scoring and focus in the action at the same time.Just looking for some thoughts /opinions.

TimHitchings

Re: Protector mode tactics.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:23 pm

I have yet to understand what Teleport tokens do and how to use them.
I've been destroying the city destroyer (which reminds me of an old Boston album cover) by depositing humans as when you start the game this is mentioned as a hint.
I've also been always filling with maximum number of humans before depositing. I think the scoring is higher than one at a time.

salamagogo

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:12 pm

TimHitchings wrote:I have yet to understand what Teleport tokens do and how to use them.
I've been destroying the city destroyer (which reminds me of an old Boston album cover) by depositing humans as when you start the game this is mentioned as a hint.
I've also been always filling with maximum number of humans before depositing. I think the scoring is higher than one at a time.

Teleport tokens will instantly place any humans you are carrying in the deposit area. You just hit L2 and they are teleported back there. Probably best to use on the final human(s) required for the flip or to instantly kill the destroyer, but that is your call to make. Each token is a one time use.It mentions what they do on the load screen tips, but its easy to miss as there are like 11 tips give or take a few. Probably a good idea to scroll through the tips with L1/R1 before you hit X to start playing, as the info they provide can be helpful

JDFive

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm

I know that if there are any humans on the same bridge as the deposit station, they will automatically get saved if you deposit a human you are carrying

So if you cant carry a human, shoot them to the bridge

justakuma

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:37 am

salamagogo

Sat May 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello again, its been a while since my original post, so I'm going to share some things I learned since then. I was under the assumption that there was only one destroyer per phase/level flip, but this isnt the case. They are timed, so they'll keep coming even if yoy don't flip the stage. Also, its better for your multiplier if you place as many humans as possible on the pad before sending them to the buildings. Do this by hitting L2 above the pad then send a bunch at once. Only issues with this are you have to keep an eye for the abductors, but theyre timed so you get a feel for how long you have eventually. Also,the teleport token interferes with this strategy as you cant just drop them. Not a big problem though. One last tip is power ups. You can leave them there for when they are needed. Its not wise to grab a super overdrive token if your overdrive is full, as it immediately fills the overdrive. Use your regular overdrive first, then grab it so you dont waste the regular overdrive. Human , bonus , attribute, and weapon upgrades should be grabbed immediately though, obviously. One must be careful when using super boost with this strategy, though, as you can accidentally grab tokens you were saving. Again, not a big deal as powerups are always good, unless you detonate a shield bomb which drops a bunch of humans to their death. Just something to be aware of if you try saving power ups for later use. Thats all for now, I just wanted to share some tips that were helpful to me.

tommasodb

Mon May 04, 2015 10:34 am

Good stuff salamagogo!

ahernandez1124

Sat May 23, 2015 2:27 am

mp2k3

Sat May 23, 2015 12:37 pm

ahernandez1124 wrote:My 6 Billion Points run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps2VBvlOmI4

I was calling you out on my stream yesterday to hit #1 and you almost did it lol. This is pretty darn impressive. You went from 4 to 6 billion. Amazing.

-mp2k3

justakuma

Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 pm

I lost so many frickin shields :1embarassed:

Return to “Strategy Guides”