EspanaJeff

Commando Hero mode..anything special for beating it?

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:54 pm

First, I'll say I LOVE Commando. Easily my most played mode and probably the best DLC (in general) I've ever played. Currently #1 on those leaderboards, with many people coming for me lol.

I was curious to know if anyone in Housemarque ever beat Hero mode on Commando during testing.

Also wanted to know if there was anything special for beating it. Either an unlock or just a screen with words like you get for beating arcade on Hero.

I'm torn on whether it can actually be beaten. My best is phase 35 but after that, I cant see it being beat without a healthy stock of bombs and crazy reflexes.

This is a personal goal of mine...to beat Hero. I just hope it doesnt lock up and freeze like that one Commando challenge :p

One last off topic note: Do you know where I can purchase a Resogun shirt? Would love to have one.

Thanks for making one hell of a game!

tommasodb

Re: Commando Hero mode..anything special for beating it?

Mon May 04, 2015 10:33 am

To my knowledge, our testing guys have never beaten it after it loops, so wave 35 is still very impressive. What's your place in the chart?

EspanaJeff

Mon May 04, 2015 6:09 pm

I'm currently #1 with 130 mil. Died on phase 35. Very tough.

https://youtu.be/Zk6F2yQ13vQ

EspanaJeff

Mon May 04, 2015 6:55 pm

I'm using my phone at the moment and don't see an edit button so apologies for double posting...

Do you happen to know what wave the testers have made it to?

One thing I kinda find bothersome is the randomness of powerups. There are times I can get 5 bombs and other times I get none. I also remember one time where my house was down to just 1 health and I was expecting a hammer to drop from the ship but instead I received sunglasses, lol. Any thoughts about tweaking that? Not a big deal but can be the difference in how far you can make it.

tommasodb

Tue May 05, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks for the video Jeff, I shared it on our Twitter account :) As for which wave they reached... I believe their main concern at the time, given the deadline we had, was to make sure there weren't bugs, rather than seeing it to the end (which we trust is achievable, but sure, pretty damn hard). Regarding the power ups, I'll pass your feedback to the team.

salamagogo

Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm

EspanaJeff wrote:First, I'll say I LOVE Commando. Easily my most played mode and probably the best DLC (in general) I've ever played. Currently #1 on those leaderboards, with many people coming for me lol.

I was curious to know if anyone in Housemarque ever beat Hero mode on Commando during testing.

Also wanted to know if there was anything special for beating it. Either an unlock or just a screen with words like you get for beating arcade on Hero.

I'm torn on whether it can actually be beaten. My best is phase 35 but after that, I cant see it being beat without a healthy stock of bombs and crazy reflexes.

This is a personal goal of mine...to beat Hero. I just hope it doesnt lock up and freeze like that one Commando challenge :p

One last off topic note: Do you know where I can purchase a Resogun shirt? Would love to have one.

Thanks for making one hell of a game!

Holy heck, congrats on that awesome run. The llowest (or highest, rather) I got was 10th place, which didn't last too long, and as of yesterday I was sitting at number 14. I was honestly surprised how high I got before even really focusing on leaderboards, as I wanted to just beat it first. It is very challenging the first several times you play it and unfortunately not many games today are legitimately challenging. I think a lot of folks partnered up to get the trophy, which is fine, but probably not quite as rewarding as doing a solo run.

tommasodb

Tue May 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Harry confirmed the game keeps looping over "but gets doesn't get harder after the 5th loop" *__*
To be honest I think that's just a theoretical limit as I don't know of anyone going that far.

EspanaJeff

Tue May 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks, salamagogo! I always enjoy watching other people playing Commando. It's just as fun as playing it myself. I hope you'll still be playing!

Hmmm...it keeps looping? Thats insane, lol but at least I know it doesn't end. Gives me motivation to keep playing. You said by the 5th loop it doesn't get any harder? What happens after the 2nd loop, though? Does it turn into super revenge bullets? Enemies get faster? Or did I misread and it just stays constant?

If you guys do make a Resogun 2, I hope Commando comes back. Super Commando has a nice ring to it ;)

Really appreciate all this info, btw. Thanks!

justakuma

Tue May 05, 2015 7:53 pm

I dont like Commando mode that much because of the random items.
Overdrive in Commando mode would be pretty awesome!

Return to “Strategy Guides”