DenT4FacE

Re: Star Wars - Custom Ship Collection

Thu May 21, 2015 5:55 am

Right on :)

Good luck on your quest to Hero. If you persevere, you'll be able to reach it, no doubt. Hero mode is awesome. It's quite exciting to see that multiplier go up so high and so fast. A great adrenaline rush :mrgreen:
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

mp2k3

Fri May 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks Dent4face....

I got to Mefitis rather quickly. However, last I played this stage on veteran going to Master, I was stuck on it fighting the boss with stock Phobos for weeks/months on a semi-regular basis. Should have stuck to it and just did it. But in end, the boss was a severe PITA then. In Master, currently using Nemesis 6-8-1 on my quest to Hero. Can't seem to get past halfway without dying in the multiple attempts I gave :/ I only bit my controller 5 times and rage-screamed into the mic a few....so there is hope ;)

I am still looking for a tight-fitting tie-interceptor ship to use if anyone is making them. Not sure it is possible to make it smaller than the ones currently found online.

I am preparing my best Bjorn impressions once I finally get to flipp'n Hero (family's gonna love that for sure LOL):

Any tips on that last boss would be welcome with my build. Thanks.

-mp2k3

GRASSYLK

Fri May 29, 2015 8:28 pm

The first movements of the last boss are the hardest for me if I make it through those I seem to have no problem with the other three. If you have a quick enough ship with agility you could pretty much stay ahead of the first style of movements if you don't I boost back through the enemy to the other side of the enemy as frequent as I can continuously shooting.

The second style of movements not that bad if there is a large distance of space in front of you to the next segment of enemy then just continue moving forward while shooting any part of him that you can. And the details here in the instructions are going to be hard to understand our reading I'm sure you can find a video on YouTube that'll help. Supajoofly has One I'm almost positive. One thing is for certain in this game is practice practice practice and is soon as you think you've got it you make a ignorant careless move and it's back to square one good luck bro I hope this helps somewhat I know it's long but not near as long as it would've been if I would've explained it good luck

grassylk

GRASSYLK

Fri May 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Yeah I was reading through my previous post and realized that that didn't give any type of help in any which way whatsoever I'm sorry LOL

grassylk

mp2k3

Sat May 30, 2015 12:53 pm

GRASSYLK wrote:Yeah I was reading through my previous post and realized that that didn't give any type of help in any which way whatsoever I'm sorry LOL

grassylk

Lol. Nah man I love reading stuff gamers have to offer. Usually did not have a problem with the rain aggro, it was getting underneath the darn worm and doing all that fancy stuff to take it out that had me stuck. It might have been supa's vid I watched back in the day on this stage. Some of those youtube vids are just insane. Ok, back to unlocking Hero mode with increased morale and thank you for your input and all of your mega-useful info!!

-mp2k3

DenT4FacE

Sat May 30, 2015 8:42 pm

mp2k3, unfortunately with your current build I can't think of many tips for the last boss except for when he's in his last form (going underneath him, which you already know about). The fact that you're using Nemesis weapon doesn't help, makes his phase that much longer to endure (and survive).

For this boss, having 5 OverDrive is really useful.. saves you from one of his worse phase, the snakes chase.. The only thing I can think of is make sure that you tap boost when you use it. Like, when you need to boost just tap it for a split second. You shouldn't need to boost longer than that, the reason is to have it recharged asap (obviously enough :p).

GRASSYLK

Sat May 30, 2015 9:00 pm

For sure I wouldn't get very far without boost. I you okay with the bosses my problem nowadays is Quick depositing all humans on level two for some reason I find it to be the hardest level. And that really sucks because it knocks my score multiplier down from the get-go. I've been practicing and practicing and I've gotten closer and I can see I'm getting better but still lack for what I need to be confident. Does anybody have any tips or tricks that might help me and what level are part of the game do you find the most difficult?

grassylk

DenT4FacE

Sat May 30, 2015 9:06 pm

GRASSYLK wrote:For sure I wouldn't get very far without boost. I you okay with the bosses my problem nowadays is Quick depositing all humans on level two for some reason I find it to be the hardest level. And that really sucks because it knocks my score multiplier down from the get-go. I've been practicing and practicing and I've gotten closer and I can see I'm getting better but still lack for what I need to be confident. Does anybody have any tips or tricks that might help me and what level are part of the game do you find the most difficult?

grassylk

Are you trying to save all 10 of them in quick succession? Or just occasional rapid deposits?

Because if you gather all the humans on the right side of the portal that's on the left when you first spawn, then wait until the boss appears to save the humans.. it's relatively easy to save all of them in quick succession.

Watch a world record run on YT.. whether it's mine, joofly's or whoever.. you'll see what I mean.

GRASSYLK

Sat May 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Cool that's good I said I know why didn't think of that in the first place I've actually seen it before but I guess I'm just a space case sometimes. Now if I can just figure out how to keep paying attention and not make such stupid mistakes

grassylk

Return to “Rate my ship”