atomicorion

Re: Alienation announced, see the trailer and read the detai

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 am

To me,this is definitely a Dead Nation sequel,albeit with aliens and not zombies.
But nevertheless,an awesome looking game with 4 player co-op!
Man this looks wicked!
I just hope Alienation comes out soon as the PS4 is seriously lacking in such addictive MP/CO-OP games.

PS. And we just might get a "alien zombies" DLC for Alienation in a nod to Dead Nation ;-)

tommasodb

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:30 am

reef101783 wrote:will the camera angle be similar to dead nation or will you use the camera angle shown in the trailer?

The camera angle in the first picture on the first page is the one you actually use in game. The reason to use that is because that angle grants the best visibility of the playfield. At the moment we don't have plans to have a free camera, even if I'd personally support it for snapping better pictures ^__^

In the trailer we used a mixed camera for variety.

Stinja

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 am

Looks great!

I hope the drop-in/drop-out has filter options?
eg: friends only, invite only (i know technically not drop-in now), public, solo.
Likewise please consider the hinted-at Dark Souls players invading you, and make this a user selection. Otherwise one knows you'll get some exploit and griefing and it will all turn bad...

All the best :D

tommasodb

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:30 am

Stinja wrote:Looks great!

I hope the drop-in/drop-out has filter options?
eg: friends only, invite only (i know technically not drop-in now), public, solo.
Likewise please consider the hinted-at Dark Souls players invading you, and make this a user selection. Otherwise one knows you'll get some exploit and griefing and it will all turn bad...

All the best :D

These details are not decided yet, but I don't doubt that we will make sure that you can play only with the people you want :)

Taylorhead

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:01 pm

tommasodb wrote:Image

:1laugh: Looks just like him, even got his orange tan. Nice job!!

Stinja

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:43 pm

tommasodb wrote:These details are not decided yet, but I don't doubt that we will make sure that you can play only with the people you want :)

Fair enough; but the earlier things get spec'd out and architecture designed for requirements, the happier developers are / less refactoring ;)

Also please consider imperfect networking conditions? (re: Res0gun boost-lag issue)
Especially if going to 4/5 players, inducing/faking latency, and things like a trolling invader using a lag-switch would be nice to test against.

I'll leave this little nugget:

http://pacm.parnes.net/images/Dilbert11 ... ations.gif

reef101783

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 pm

tommasodb wrote:
reef101783 wrote:will the camera angle be similar to dead nation or will you use the camera angle shown in the trailer?

The camera angle in the first picture on the first page is the one you actually use in game. The reason to use that is because that angle grants the best visibility of the playfield. At the moment we don't have plans to have a free camera, even if I'd personally support it for snapping better pictures ^__^

In the trailer we used a mixed camera for variety.

I like that angle but will it be that zoomed in or just a little further out?

tommasodb

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Stinja wrote:Also please consider imperfect networking conditions? (re: Res0gun boost-lag issue)

Networking will work in a different way. As for changing specifications, the game is not imminent, I trust we'll have time to evaluate everything.

tommasodb

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 pm

reef101783 wrote:I like that angle but will it be that zoomed in or just a little further out?

Need to double check if it's 100% accurate, we had free camera to capture screens and trailer, but I'm positive that's the current game camera. Works rather well when playing.

Return to “Announcements & News”